Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » ACCELEO EDITOR is not working correctly(Error correction etc. is not working correctly)
ACCELEO EDITOR is not working correctly [message #1696282] Mon, 25 May 2015 09:00 Go to next message
Martin Gruber is currently offline Martin GruberFriend
Hello together,

we are working on a eclipse plugin which shall have the ability to generate some code.

As generation technology we decided to use ACCELEO. On simple "try and test" projects everything worked fine.

But after switching to a eclipse plugin project, the ACCELEO editor is not working any more. I have added the ACCELEO nature to the project and located the MTL file in a source folder. But the editor cannot resolve model elements, error message is "Invalid type" (which works 1:1 in standalone projects).

When starting the generation process, everything works fine and the code is generated correctly. It seems that the editor cannot resolve the model ore something like that.

Thats why i have two questions:
- Is there something like a log file for the editor to have a better understanding of the problem?
- Do you have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advice and regards,
Martin

ACCELEO 3.5 on Eclipse LUNA
Re: ACCELEO EDITOR is not working correctly [message #1698385 is a reply to message #1696282] Mon, 15 June 2015 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

I don't know why the Acceleo editor would behave in a different manner in your use case but I am not sure of the architecture of your configuration (But after switching to a eclipse plugin project, the ACCELEO editor is not working any more). Could you attach a sample project and a metamodel showing the issue to this discussion?

As for your questions:
1- The whole Acceleo project uses the standard Eclipse logging mechanism, you could open the error log view to see if Acceleo has any error to report
2- The class path of your project could be missing some dependencies to your metamodels, it's difficult to say

Regards,

Stephane Bégaudeau, Obeo

Re: ACCELEO EDITOR is not working correctly [message #1698695 is a reply to message #1698385] Wed, 17 June 2015 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,
Notice that .emtl (the compiled version of the .mtl) is no copied when
exporting the plugin project (I guess it's a bug) and you have to put it
into the plugin jar file manually, so maybe since you switched to a
plugin, that might be your problem.

Best,

Víctor

El 15/06/2015 a las 10:43, Stephane Begaudeau escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know why the Acceleo editor would behave in a different manner
> in your use case but I am not sure of the architecture of your
> configuration (But after switching to a eclipse plugin project, the
> ACCELEO editor is not working any more). Could you attach a sample
> project and a metamodel showing the issue to this discussion?
>
> As for your questions:
> 1- The whole Acceleo project uses the standard Eclipse logging
> mechanism, you could open the error log view to see if Acceleo has any
> error to report
> 2- The class path of your project could be missing some dependencies to
> your metamodels, it's difficult to say
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephane Bégaudeau, Obeo
>
>
Re: ACCELEO EDITOR is not working correctly [message #1698881 is a reply to message #1698695] Thu, 18 June 2015 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Quote:
Notice that .emtl (the compiled version of the .mtl) is no copied when exporting the plugin project (I guess it's a bug) and you have to put it into the plugin jar file manually, so maybe since you switched to a plugin, that might be your problem.

If you want to build your plugin, use the maven plugin for Acceleo.

Regards,

Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo
Re: ACCELEO EDITOR is not working correctly [message #1699082 is a reply to message #1698881] Sat, 20 June 2015 14:36 Go to previous message
Martin Gruber is currently offline Martin GruberFriend
Hello Stéphane,

i got it working properly now. Very cool framework.

Thank you very much,

Kind Regards,
Martin
Previous Topic:[Acceleo - Papyrus] Package with uri '--- ActionLanguage-Profile' not found.
Next Topic:Method to save and edit values in ACCELEO templates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:19:43 GMT 2024