Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » internal eTrice Development Process
internal eTrice Development Process [message #1696012] Thu, 21 May 2015 07:27 Go to next message
Thomas Schuetz is currently offline Thomas SchuetzFriend
Hello,
we already discussed offline the introduction of a Kanban style prioritization to get a better focus and overview.
We can use the whiteboard field in bugzilla with the keyword "Selected" to mark the issues we want to do next.

@eTrice developers:

• If we decide to select a topic to be worked on soon, please mark it with "Selected" like in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=467804
  • prioritization can be done by any committer, but please keep the focus on the next release and the user issues in mind
  • to start with, the "Selected" list should never contain more than 10 open items
  • everybody can pull a selected issue and start working on it
  • if there pops up any other issue with high priority you can solve very fast, just work on it - no need to select it first
  • if you select or solve an issue, make sure that the Target Milestone is set to the right release to keep track of our changes for the release note

@everybody else:
* if you want to know what we are working on, or what is coming soon, search Whiteboard for Selected or click here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=11776601&product=eTrice&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=Selected&status_whiteboard_type=anywordssubstr

Did I forget anything?
Is that process extension ok?

Thomas

Re: internal eTrice Development Process [message #1696039 is a reply to message #1696012] Thu, 21 May 2015 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Thomas,

I've added a small paragraph on eTrice's "Getting involved" page for
developers [1].
The Kanban strategy is mentioned and I've added a link to a Bugzilla
query for the selected bugs.

-Henrik

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/etrice/developers/
Re: internal eTrice Development Process [message #1696077 is a reply to message #1696012] Thu, 21 May 2015 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Jung is currently offline Thomas JungFriend
Hi,

ok, lets try it Smile

Thomas
Re: internal eTrice Development Process [message #1696089 is a reply to message #1696077] Thu, 21 May 2015 15:44 Go to previous message
Juergen Haug is currently offline Juergen HaugFriend
Hi,

good idea, already created a bookmark in my toolbar Wink

-Juergen
Previous Topic:runtime target support
Next Topic:New Feature: eTrice C project build config automation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:50:09 GMT 2024