Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Modelling and interaction of mass flows
Modelling and interaction of mass flows [message #1694418] Tue, 05 May 2015 08:45
Adrian LastName is currently offline Adrian LastNameFriend
Hello everyone,

I hope this question is not too stupid, but I can't really seem to figure it out well. I have a waste flow, which I want to redirect through a recycling plant. This mass flow is composed of different fractions, and at different parts of the plant, different actions on the flow are to be performed (e.g. sorting, which means splitting of the mass flow by its fractions). Now, I do have a type defined for the waste flow, but I don't really have a good solution for how to model the "rest of it".
To make that clear: I want to have one variable that has to be set (the amount of waste at the input), and with a predefined composition have a model direct this waste flow through the plant, performing operations on it in the modules. (e.g. to module A, split it there and direct the flows to both module B and C)
A) How do I best model the flows themself (to module A and to B and C)? As a block defining the flow property? And if so, do I have to have different blocks for each flow, or is there a way to model the flow property "generally" and then use constraints on each flow?
B) How do I best "perform actions on the flow"? My general idea would be: A flow with a defined composition reaches block A. Using a constraint, via a simple formula, this flow gets split into two flows. The information of that flow has to be "in" the block A. From there, it can be read by the flow propoerty definitions (whether that is defined directly "in the flow" or in a seperate block) and goes on to B and C. I hope you get the image - I guess it is very Matlab-inspired.
I would be most thankful for every piece of advice on that. Just a confirmation that the general direction is correct would be helpful. I can't seem to find tutorials on mass flow modelling, so right now I am working with "SysML Distilled" by Delligatti mostly. Any other resources you could reccomend would be much appreciated!

Greetings,
Adrian
Previous Topic:svg picture in a compartment
Next Topic:Diagram layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:10:26 GMT 2024