Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » One or two runtimes?...
One or two runtimes?... [message #1692462] Thu, 16 April 2015 03:36 Go to next message
Adam Fowler is currently offline Adam FowlerFriend
I have two different BPMN2 derived process model diagram types - CPF and Workflow. They are both, technically, executed by the same 'MarkLogic Workflow' runtime.

I've been modelling this as a single MarkLogicWorkflow runtime, and two diagram types. Is this the recommended way, or should I instead use a CPF runtime and a Workflow runtime? It seems to me that custom tasks need pointing to the right runtime, and a 'State' custom task only makes sense in the CPF diagram, not the Workflow diagram.

Should I instead create two Runtimes in my extension, one for CPF and one for Workflow? This way the custom tasks can hang off the appropriate one. (There is no overlap between the two in custom types, only in their use of generic BPMN2 activity types)

Thanks in advance.
Re: One or two runtimes?... [message #1692584 is a reply to message #1692462] Thu, 16 April 2015 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Adam,

To be honest, I have not run across this use case before and can't anticipate all of the implications of doing this one way or another...
That said, I suppose it would make sense to define two different runtimes, implying two different extension plugins (more work for you to maintain these!)
Just be sure to define two different target namespace URIs for each of your runtimes, since the extension plugin chosen to edit a given file depends on this URI defined in the file.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: One or two runtimes?... [message #1692615 is a reply to message #1692584] Thu, 16 April 2015 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Fowler is currently offline Adam FowlerFriend
I've successfully managed to create two runtimes within the same Eclipse plugin extension project. This deploys and works well. Also tested within a Feature and Update Site and it all looks fine so far.

I'll post in the forum when its ready for testing.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: One or two runtimes?... [message #1692744 is a reply to message #1692615] Fri, 17 April 2015 13:51 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Awesome Smile Thanks Adam!
Previous Topic:Adding default information for new process files
Next Topic:Bpmn2ResourceImpl stores different output than the modeler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:58:02 GMT 2024