Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Import function: Git option not available(EGIT is installed but there is no Git feature when you try to import a file or project)
icon8.gif  Import function: Git option not available [message #1691575] Wed, 08 April 2015 09:16 Go to next message
Bart Raemdonck is currently offline Bart RaemdonckFriend
I installed EGIT but when I try to import a file or project, there is no "Git" between the options like General, CVS, EJB, Install, Java EE, Maven, Plug-in Department, ....

When I try to uninstall EGIT there is an error saying:

"Eclipse Git Team Provider" cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.
"Java implementation of Git" cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.
Re: Import function: Git option not available [message #1691893 is a reply to message #1691575] Fri, 10 April 2015 10:42 Go to previous message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
Which package of Eclipse did you installed. Most of them contain EGit and there is no need to install EGit explicitly. If you install a plain vanilla "Java" package of eclipse do you have the same problem?

Ciao
Chris
Previous Topic:Compare versions of a file before merging
Next Topic:Need help getting started with JGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:06:17 GMT 2024