Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Debugging Eclipse Welcome Page(How to debug the xhtml pages that make up the Eclipse Welcome )
icon5.gif  Debugging Eclipse Welcome Page [message #1690356] Thu, 26 March 2015 20:00 Go to next message
Dan Connell is currently offline Dan ConnellFriend
Greetings,

My team has extended and customized the eclipse plugins for the Eclipse Welcome page such that we have added hover and mouseover events to the Welcome topics on the main page. So when a user moves over them, the title is displayed in a blox underneath the icon.

In a recent upgrade to Eclipse 4.4.2, the Welcome plugins now display an empty box instead of the text. I have been trying to figure out how to debug the root.xhtml and root.css files as well as the javascript file that goes along with it with no success. Since the plugins reside in Eclipse, I can't really debug them in Firebug or Chrome Developer.

Is there a way that this can be done from within Eclipse itself ?

Thanks !
Re: Debugging Eclipse Welcome Page [message #1727362 is a reply to message #1690356] Tue, 22 March 2016 12:40 Go to previous message
Philipp Salzgeber is currently offline Philipp SalzgeberFriend
Search in your Eclipse installation for css files and xhtml files, this should give you the location of the files - in my case they are found in two different folders which were apparently unpacked by osgi.

you now can rename the xhtml to html files and copy the css files and graphics in the correct directories relativ to the renamed xhtml files. You can then use a e.g. the Google Chrome tools for debugging the css and html.
Previous Topic:"Abstract" Eclipse perspective to avoid redundant e4xmi
Next Topic:E4 Commands and Handlers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 23:47:22 GMT 2024