Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation?
[Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation? [message #1680127] Mon, 16 March 2015 22:19 Go to next message
Tim Geisler is currently offline Tim GeislerFriend
In the change log for Xtext 2.8.0, a new feature called "storable resources" is mentioned. Is there some documentation or example use available?
Re: [Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation? [message #1680913 is a reply to message #1680127] Tue, 17 March 2015 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

i dont know any example (yes xbase stuff indirectly uses it anyway) but it should be fine to bind StorageAwareResource and StorageAwareResourceDescriptionManager

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: [Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation? [message #1681069 is a reply to message #1680913] Tue, 17 March 2015 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+ResourceStorageFacade

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2015 06:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation? [message #1681614 is a reply to message #1681069] Tue, 17 March 2015 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,

thanks for your quick answer. It did not work completely - AbstractFileSystemAccess2 also has to be bound in the UI module.

Hoever, there is another problem. In my setting, there are 2 Xtext-based languages. Language B imports objects defined in language A (using the importURI mechanism).

When the builder for language B runs, I get Guice errors:

com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors:

1) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.generator.AbstractFileSystemAccess2 was bound.
while locating com.google.inject.Provider<org.eclipse.xtext.generator.AbstractFileSystemAccess2>
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.persistence.ResourceStorageFacade.fileSystemAccessProvider(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.xtext.service.MethodBasedModule.configure(MethodBasedModule.java:56)

However, defined the following binding in the UI modules of both languages:

public Class<? extends AbstractFileSystemAccess2> bindAbstractFileSystemAccess2() {
return EclipseResourceFileSystemAccess2.class;
}

I am wondering what is missing here.

Best regards,

Tim

Re: [Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation? [message #1681717 is a reply to message #1681614] Tue, 17 March 2015 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm i have no idea for that. i cannot reproduce it locally (with a simple setup). do you have a full trace for the error? maybe it is a bug. maybe you have some other configs that cause the problem.

Re: [Xtext 2.8.0] "Storable Resources" documentation? [message #1684211 is a reply to message #1681717] Wed, 18 March 2015 10:27 Go to previous message
Hi Christian,

I think our own BuilderParticipant implementation caused the problem. I had to define a binding for AbstractFileSystemAccess2 in the runtime modules of our languages. The binding in the UI module which I mentioned before was not needed.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Tim
Previous Topic:Scoping problem across multiple files
Next Topic:Creating xtext-language project built by Maven3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:30:44 GMT 2024