Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » [SOLVED] Execution Failed when running test suite
[SOLVED] Execution Failed when running test suite [message #1634510] Wed, 25 February 2015 09:57 Go to next message
Joseph Benavides is currently offline Joseph BenavidesFriend
Hi Guys,

I'm currently running the test suite in Maven via the CI for RCPTT runner plugin. On my local machine, it runs fine as it's fast enough but on our build machine (which I suppose is a slower machine), I'm getting some timeouts.

From the logs and results.html, I not exactly sure which timeout value is failing. I've fooled around with a couple of timeout options but I'm not going anywhere. I've tried it on my local machine by intentionally lowering all the timeout values available but I think it's a combination of 2 or 3 of those values that's causing the tests to time out.

I'm attaching the results folder from sample run that I did earlier. If you could point me somewhere, that would be awesome.

cheers!

Joseph
  • Attachment: results.zip
    (Size: 621.34KB, Downloaded 155 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 05 October 2015 06:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Execution Failed when running test suite [message #1644705 is a reply to message #1634510] Mon, 02 March 2015 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Try to increase step mode timeout in test options (jobTreatAsSleepingTimeout) or in Window -> Preferences -> Q7 -> Advanced options -> Enable step mode for job after timeout (job in Thread.sleep, Object.wait). It seems that RCPTT waits of job time out while waiting for an external event. We consider such job to be waiting for user input.

Also, try to increase Job Hang skip timeout(ms) (it is jobHangTimeout runner argument), because, probably, there is a hanging job.

You can find more information on http://rcptt.xored.com/arguments in RCPTT Runtime options section.

Please let me know if it is helpful.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Execution Failed when running test suite [message #1651409 is a reply to message #1644705] Thu, 05 March 2015 09:33 Go to previous message
Joseph Benavides is currently offline Joseph BenavidesFriend
Thanks Olga.

We did increase the autobuild timeout and the jobhangtimeout values. That seemed to do the trick. I found the autobuild timeout parameter inside the rcptt preferences.

cheers!
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Generate random value ECL
Next Topic:How do you add compatibility with e4 (v0.17)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 23:59:52 GMT 2024