Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Embed SWT Composite into Windows C# application(Trying to embed an SWT Composite into a Windows C# application)
Embed SWT Composite into Windows C# application [message #1626271] Fri, 20 February 2015 23:00 Go to next message
Ned Twigg is currently offline Ned TwiggFriend
I've got a Java application that uses SWT as its widget toolkit.
I've also got a Windows C# application.
I'd like a way to draw an SWT Composite into this C# application.

I can think of two ways to do this:

• Handles Since SWT is based on the native windowing toolkit, it seems like there should be a way to create a Composite in the C# application, pass the native pointer to the Java application, and then control the Composite from there.
  • OLE Since SWT can definitely consume OLE components, maybe there's also a way for it to present itself as an OLE component?

Anybody have any tips on how I can accomplish this? I'm not afraid of complicated communication between the Java and C# on startup, but I'm really hoping to be able to control the Composite from Java seamlessly once it is set up.
Re: Embed SWT Composite into Windows C# application [message #1647090 is a reply to message #1626271] Tue, 03 March 2015 08:50 Go to previous message
Ned Twigg is currently offline Ned TwiggFriend
In case somebody else bumps into this, I got a great answer (and even a sample GitHub repo) on StackOverflow.

I don't have link-posting permissions, but the URL is:

stackoverflow questions/28639592/embed-swt-composite-into-c-sharp-application
Previous Topic:SWT Browser in Linux with XULRunner 10.x
Next Topic:[swt.widgets.Text] No live update and very slow on Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:14:10 GMT 2024