Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How to Restrict Plugins Available to Developers(Organization Needs Method to Allow Only Approved Eclipse Plugins to be Used)
How to Restrict Plugins Available to Developers [message #1778394] Wed, 13 December 2017 18:38 Go to next message
George Hunt is currently offline George HuntFriend
The (Federal Government) organization for which I work has a very strict philosophy concerning software products that can be used within the enterprise. The specific issue at this moment is: "How can we establish a repository that we populate only with approved Eclipse Plugins and make that repository available to all Eclipse users/developers within the organization?"

If we were to create an internal repository for Approved Eclipse Plugins, what would that look like? Would it merely be a file share that Eclipse somehow accesses? Or perhaps an HTTP service of some sort through which Eclipse would request plugins? Something else?

Thanks
Re: How to Restrict Plugins Available to Developers [message #1778518 is a reply to message #1778394] Fri, 15 December 2017 15:23 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I'm going to move this to the Eclipse p2 forum, which is where the appropriate people are more likely to see it.
I'm pretty sure there is some documentation on setting up a custom update site that includes only the desired features and plugins. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you with that.

Another idea is to use Oomph to crate a custom distribution of Eclipse. I suggest you as on the Oomph forum about that possibility in the context of your requirements.
Previous Topic:How to ignore p2.inf for linux builds / replace myproduct.exe with renamed eclipsec.exe
Next Topic:Can p2 be used to update an application deployed with JNLP / Java Web Start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:41:55 GMT 2024