Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » extend SequenceFlow
icon5.gif  Re: extend SequenceFlow [message #1250624 is a reply to message #1243731] Wed, 19 February 2014 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mhammad makni is currently offline mhammad makniFriend
hi Robert,
I was trying lately to define my plugin extension which contains the extension of bpmn that I suggested theoretically, unfortunately, I founded some difficulty.
I'm presenting in my metamodel of extension (ecore file) 8 classes types EventDefinition and 2 classes types FlowElement (connection)
the major difficulty is to attribute the property tab to its EClass (no way to define property tab for each customtask)
I want also to show the properties of each shape on the diagram for clarity and semantic reasons.
there is anther problem that arises when I reopen a bpmn file output of my extension.
please could you answer my question as soon as possible Robert. Embarrassed
thank you very very much. Smile Smile
Re: extend SequenceFlow [message #1251699 is a reply to message #1250624] Thu, 20 February 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Mhammad,

I have been doing a lot of work in the area of extensibility because I've gotten a lot of questions and suggestions/requests to improve the API. The new API will be available shortly (by next week) so if you can hold on until then, it may solve all of your problems Wink

I still have a lot of testing to do to make sure nothing is broken! I'll also take the existing example plugins and convert them to use the new APIs, just to make sure things work as I had envisioned.

The idea is to use dynamic EMF to create extension EPackages, classes and features, instead of having to create an ecore file and generate java classes for your extension objects, although you should still be able to use that method as well. You will also be able to define these extensions in configuration files which are reloaded when created or modified.

Bob

Re: extend SequenceFlow [message #1256823 is a reply to message #1251699] Tue, 25 February 2014 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Robert.
would you tell us exactly when the next version will be available.
thank you very much.
Re: extend SequenceFlow [message #1258941 is a reply to message #1256823] Thu, 27 February 2014 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

I'm hoping to have this done by end of this week which, according to my work schedule, is Sunday March 2 Wink
I'll post a new topic on this forum when the new build is ready.
This will be version 1.1.0 because the API changes require a new minor version number.
icon5.gif  Re: extend SequenceFlow [message #1294405 is a reply to message #1258941] Sun, 13 April 2014 12:26 Go to previous message
hi Robert,
is there some thing new about the user guide?
thanks. Smile
Previous Topic:Initial point of a Sequence Flow
Next Topic:New release and Bug Hunt Contest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:34:44 GMT 2024