Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » New programmer in training - primnull(intro and one question)
icon6.gif  New programmer in training - primnull [message #1617185] Sun, 15 February 2015 03:54
primnull jones is currently offline primnull jonesFriend
So long story short, I got my college degree in Graphic Design from a 4 year college. Fast forward 3 years and no job except working at gas stations, grocery stores, etc. A friend of a friend said since I did some HTML/CSS work programming might be up my alley. I signed up and took 2 intense crash courses in "Fundamentals of Java" and "Java Programming." It was an online live class with visible instructor. I felt I learned a lot and not so intimidated by coding. Granted, it's a very deep field, much more than HTML, but it's similar in a way I find comforting. I tried a practice test before the Associates Certification and got a 20% which is pretty poor. Makes me wonder. So I'm working on small projects and trying to build up a portfolio of a sort. My main question is, what sort of SIMPLE java programs can I code and show off for employers while pursuing the two certifications down the road??

I have the video recordings of my two week courses I can review, many hours, and I have a 3 month sub to Lynda and have been watching the Java videos there. Not sure where else I should go for more information to just really drown myself in Java? Are the Oracle forums friendly to new comers at all?

Thank you and first post!
Previous Topic:Can I download eclipse luna IDE through command prompt?
Next Topic:Eclipse on Windows Server 2012
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 14:51:46 GMT 2024