Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report?(How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report?)
How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1615161] Fri, 13 February 2015 19:00 Go to next message
Al Koch is currently offline Al KochFriend
Hello,

The "report" style appears to be automatically applied to a Template (which make sense). However, I would like to specify the following "preferences list" for the font: "Helvetica", "Arial", "Verdana", "Microsoft Sans Serif". With "standard" HTML/CSS I can accomplish this in a .css file by defining:

body { font: "Helvetica", "Arial", "Verdana", "Microsoft Sans Serif" }

but I see no way to do specify such a list in the report Property Editor. If I can't specify a preferences list for the "report" style, how can I specify that a .css file is to be applied to a report that will override the "report" style?

Thank you.
Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1615262 is a reply to message #1615161] Fri, 13 February 2015 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you tried using an external CSS style sheet with a font setting like this for the "report" style to see if it's applied properly when using an external style sheet? I've never tried this myself.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1615478 is a reply to message #1615262] Sat, 14 February 2015 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

I have been able to apply .css file styles in some cases but I'm not sure how to do that in this case. I can define a .css file that contains such a font "preferences list" and I can apply it to an object placed on the Layout page and it works. But I am trying to define such a list for the report as a whole. I have another post called "How can I apply a style to the Layout?" that asks how to do this.

I don't know what you mean when you say

for the "report" style

How do I "use" a .css with the existing "report" style? I see that I can Import a .css into the "report" style but I don't know what "tag" to use for the styles. In "normal" .css we would either use .ClassName { ... } or .IDName { ... } but here I ave no idea what tag to use to get the default "report" style's font to be overridden. I'd like to try your suggestion if you can help me with this.

Thanks,
Al
Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1621340 is a reply to message #1615478] Tue, 17 February 2015 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

In your css file, you should be able to create a style .report{...} to replace this style. If you create a style for report, I'd delete the style from the report design.

Michael

Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1624375 is a reply to message #1621340] Thu, 19 February 2015 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that suggestion. That leads to two questions:
1) How can I see all of the styles that are defined in .report? Is there a .css I can copy from? If I'm going to delete and replace this with my own to define the font list I'll need to replicate the other styles defined in .report.
2) If I delete .report (through the IDE) does that delete it "globally" - that is, is it gone for all other reports? If so, how can I restore it if necessary?

Thanks for the help.
Al
Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1624386 is a reply to message #1624375] Thu, 19 February 2015 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1) Go to the outline, open the styles section, and double click on the report style. You'll see the default settings. The marker to the left of the section is really what shows that a setting has been added, though, things like padding are probably inherited from there, too (you'd have to test that).

2)If you delete it from a report, it'll only be removed from that report. It's defined in the template that you create a new report from, most likely, so you'd need to create a new template without that style if you wanted to not have it by default. To re-add it, you'd just need to copy the style from another report or add it through the styles section of the outline.

I've not tried to see if the preferences list will work for this, you'll have to report back and let me know. Smile

Michael

Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1624469 is a reply to message #1621340] Thu, 19 February 2015 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strange - I posted this reply but it is no longer here! Trying again:

Thanks for the suggestion. This leads to two questions:

1) Is there a way to view all of the styles defined as part of .report? Is here a .css file I can copy these from? If I am going to delete .report to be able to redefine it, I'll want all of the other styles I'm not going to change.
2) If I delete the report style does this delete it "globally" so that it is no longer defined for any other report? Is there a way to restore this if something gos wrong?

Thank you.
Al
Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1624485 is a reply to message #1624469] Thu, 19 February 2015 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It's there. Above my response to it. Smile

Michael

Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1624578 is a reply to message #1624485] Thu, 19 February 2015 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Sorry for the 2nd post but when I open this thread I don't see the last items. I've discovered that I have to change from Flat to Tree and back to Flat before they appear. Strange.

Thanks for the info but I'm wondering if there is a .css (or other file) from which I can copy all of the report styles. I see how to view the styles in the Property Editor but I need a way to "get a copy" of all of those styes to place in a .css file where I can then change the font to a list and perhaps a few other items. I found the webcontent\birt\stylesfolder that has some .css files but none define the report style. Is there any way to get a "text copy" of all of report's styles?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2015 19:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I specify a font "preferences list" for a report? [message #1624636 is a reply to message #1624578] Thu, 19 February 2015 23:06 Go to previous message

You will not find these in a css style sheet. These styles are just example styles as part of the blank template or whatever template you used when creating your report design. All of the available styles that you can use in an external css that will automatically apply to the report design can be found in the list of predefined styles when you go to create a new style or edit a style in the outline.

Michael

Previous Topic:BIRT-Designer: Adding custom plugins
Next Topic:createFactoryObject returns null after upgrade of BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:19:27 GMT 2024