Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Tycho unable to resolve dependency(Tycho fails to find my own application)
Tycho unable to resolve dependency [message #1613763] Thu, 12 February 2015 22:03 Go to next message
Fábio Silva is currently offline Fábio SilvaFriend
I have two headless applications with the same problem. I believe I have missed some configuration step, but it's quite hard to know because of the lack of examples.

The applications use the JDT API to perform some IDE operations on the fly. They were turned into a product to be exported. Later on, I have found that Tycho is a good option to deploy my apps on a linux server, but I can't build because it always say "the included element xxx is missing". The element missing is my own application.
Let's say that I have a headless application named org.eclipse.superapp
When I execute mvn clean install it complains about org.eclipse.superapp 0.0.0. It seems that I have to "link" the headless settings to the product.
Everything seems fine and I simply can't find the answer on the internet.

I have attached my pom to appreciation.
  • Attachment: pom.xml
    (Size: 2.29KB, Downloaded 311 times)
Re: Tycho unable to resolve dependency [message #1614834 is a reply to message #1613763] Fri, 13 February 2015 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose the problem is happening because I run the command mvn clean install. But I tried removing the p2 directory and the problem remained. Any ideas?
Re: Tycho unable to resolve dependency [message #1618248 is a reply to message #1614834] Sun, 15 February 2015 21:08 Go to previous message
I will answer my own question. I don't know it it's the proper solution, but worked for me.

First, I changed the packaging type to eclipse-plugin, instead of eclipse-repository, then ran mvn clean install
After that I changed again to repository and took an awful action: Installed Virtualbox with Ubuntu bundled and there added the required plugins for linux. Finally, I update the target enviromnent (Amazon Linux) and executed mvn clean verify. And there we go.

This should be resolved automatically.
Previous Topic:Icons do not get replaced
Next Topic:Sorting an edited entry in a TreeViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:13:12 GMT 2024