Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Problems with the Editors being restored on eclipse restart(Duplicate Editors when eclipse is restarted)
Problems with the Editors being restored on eclipse restart [message #1613555] Thu, 12 February 2015 18:54
Aniruddha Shevade is currently offline Aniruddha ShevadeFriend
Hello
I am facing the following issue. I am using eclipse 4.4

1) We have an application which consists of a Grpahical Editor based on GEF. I open multiple editors , and close eclipse. Let us say the editors have inputs as files, and we have 3 editors open t1, t2, t3 ( those are the file names)
Let us say among this the editor "t1" has focus.

2) When we close the eclipse instance and restart it, the there editors are restored properly, with "t1" in focus. So all works as expected here.

3) However if we go to the navigator view and click on any file such as "t2" or "t3" , those editors are opened again. Eclipse is not able to figure out that we already have these editors open, and all it needs to do is to select the editor.

This happens only the first time you click the files, to open them

For the editor which originally had focus "t1" we do not see this issue.

4) I tested this with the samples which come with GEF such as the flow samples, and see the same issue. So it does not seem the issue lies with editor code itself. And all this was working fine in earlier versions of eclipse ( at least 3.6 )

5) Is this a known issue? Is there any work around ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your help and time

Best Regards
Ani

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2015 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to allow drag & drop of a file on the hard disk into GEF editor?
Next Topic:From plugin to RCP: Save/Load functionality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:55:37 GMT 2024