Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Contribution Project Setup(Trying to contribute, need help on IDE/build system setup)
icon5.gif  Contribution Project Setup [message #1610209] Tue, 10 February 2015 16:35 Go to next message
Peter Schulz is currently offline Peter SchulzFriend
Hi,

I'd like to contribute by providing a fix for bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=459484 but I'm afraid I need some help setting up the development environment. Here is what I've done so far:

I cloned the nebula repo, checked out master, and tried to launch /org.eclipse.nebula.examples/nebula.product using the eclipse IDE but I get some exceptions that some bundles could not be resolved, namely org.eclipse.emf.ecore version 2.9.0. I checked and the eclipse SDK 4.4.1 comes with 2.10.0. So I got eclipse SDK 4.3.2 which comes with 2.9.2. But now I other bundles where missing.

I tried to run mvn clean install but that failed in org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.radiogroup.tests because of java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: $jacocoAccess.

Since I could not find any documentation on how to setup a development environment, I'd appreciate any help.

My system setup

• Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • Java 1.8.0u25 64-bit
  • Maven 3.2.1
  • IDE: eclipse SDK 4.4.1
Re: Contribution Project Setup [message #1611214 is a reply to message #1610209] Wed, 11 February 2015 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Peter,

Did you follow our contribution guide [1] for patches? I thought I mentioned it in the bug.

Please ignore the errors that come from some projects in the repo. It is important that the calendarcombo project is ok because this is where you want to make your patch.

I will try the local mvn clean install because this should work. If you have any problems just ping me on my skype: wim.jongman or contact me on my gmail account wim.jongman

Cheers,

Wim

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Nebula/Contributions
Re: Contribution Project Setup [message #1612877 is a reply to message #1611214] Thu, 12 February 2015 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Schulz is currently offline Peter SchulzFriend
In order to close this thread: The maven build error was most likely caused by an issue with Java 8 and JaCoCo. It worked when using Java 7 instead. I contributed the fix. Thanks Wim for creating the IDE Setup page and supporting me on this one.

Cheers,
Peter
Re: Contribution Project Setup [message #1614505 is a reply to message #1612877] Fri, 13 February 2015 09:39 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Yes, thanks for pointing this out. It seems that there is an issue when building with Java 8.
Previous Topic:disable menu for RMB on TableCombo
Next Topic:control width of combo box?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:17:13 GMT 2024