Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » customize WBWRenderer in 4.4
customize WBWRenderer in 4.4 [message #1609571] Tue, 10 February 2015 07:40 Go to next message
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Hi,

I found various threads or articles stating that one can customize Renderers such as the WBWRenderer, StackRenderer and so on. One example here
It seems to me that this is not possible for the current release of the package org.eclipse.e4.workbench.renderers.swt since the MANIFEST.MF only exports the package to org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt and org.eclipse.ui.workbench
Therefore I get an error The hierarchy of the type CustomWBWRenderer is inconsistent on the class name and a warning Discouraged access: The type 'WBWRenderer' is not API (restriction on required library org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt_0.12.1.v20140903-1023.jar)

How are such customizations supposed to be made for rcp 4.4?

hoping for an answer - thank you in advance
Re: customize WBWRenderer in 4.4 [message #1614431 is a reply to message #1609571] Fri, 13 February 2015 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heiko Hollenbach is currently offline Heiko HollenbachFriend
I ran into the same problem here.

MyWBWRenderer.java
public class MyWBWRenderer extends org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer {

}

Error
The hierarchy of the type MyWBWRenderer is inconsistent

Is there any solution for this problem?
Re: customize WBWRenderer in 4.4 [message #1703049 is a reply to message #1614431] Tue, 28 July 2015 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
Please be sure to include all dependencies as shown in http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/Eclipse4Renderer/article.html#renderer_customrenderer_dependencies .. the inconsistent error is due to the fact that it is incapable of resolving the entire class chain.
Re: customize WBWRenderer in 4.4 [message #1703298 is a reply to message #1703049] Thu, 30 July 2015 11:44 Go to previous message
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Following the tutorial to the letter for a third time, ignoring all those errors, restarting eclipse and cleaning the workspace one more time (did that before the restart too) finally made it work. Of course I still get the restriction warning but that doesn't hurt too much.

I am still wondering why it is not API when all users who want to customize their appearance beyond the limited CSS possibilities are supposed to do it.
Previous Topic:XML editor Part in CTabItem
Next Topic:mars vs. luna vs. juno for RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:57:30 GMT 2024