Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Can I have @ManyToOne relationship to an abstract entity using table per class?(@ManyToOne relationship to an abstract entity using table per class?)
Can I have @ManyToOne relationship to an abstract entity using table per class? [message #1607851] Mon, 09 February 2015 05:28
Anahata Technologies is currently offline Anahata TechnologiesFriend
I have an abstract @Entity with @Inheritance(strategy=TABLE_PERCLASS) called Booking.

Is it possible to have an @Entity Payment.java with a @ManyToOne relationship to the abstract class?

I wasn't sure how the column mapping would go so i tried deploying using drop and create tables and Eclipselink gives a NPE Smile at deployment time

Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [xotica-bms-pu] failed. Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.createPredeployFailedPersistenceException(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1954) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1945) at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:322)
Previous Topic:Cache Coordination failure during merge operation
Next Topic:Moxy: support of substitution groups for schema generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 14:58:11 GMT 2024