Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Deploy bundle from eclipse to remote kura very slow(Bundle deployment from Windows to kura on linux is painfully slow and executed twice)
Deploy bundle from eclipse to remote kura very slow [message #1607543] Mon, 09 February 2015 00:23 Go to next message
Dan Cristian is currently offline Dan CristianFriend
I am deploying the sample bundles from eclipse using Install to (framework) option.
Kura runs on multiple devices (PI, BBB, debian with OpenMediaVault).

Eclipse runs on Windows.

The deployment process is very very slow, takes almost one minute only to initiate the deployment, then is asking me if I want to update the existing package. From this point it works quite fast.

Another issue is that the deployment is executed twice, even if I only select the Install to once.

I can browse the remote frameworks from eclipse very fast.

Any ideeas?

Thanks,
Dan
Re: Deploy bundle from eclipse to remote kura very slow [message #1608832 is a reply to message #1607543] Mon, 09 February 2015 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I have found part of the issue, again the default firewall settings kura applies after install.
If I change the firewall INPUT rules to accept all, deployment works very fast. This is strange because I have opened port 1450 in the firewall, and I do not see other ports being used on deploy.

I still have the double deploy issue, but this might be an eclipse problem.

Any advice how to fix this other than keeping firewall input state to accept?

Thanks
Re: Deploy bundle from eclipse to remote kura very slow [message #1609695 is a reply to message #1608832] Tue, 10 February 2015 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alessandro Da Rugna is currently offline Alessandro Da RugnaFriend
Dan Cristian wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 20:57
I still have the double deploy issue, but this might be an eclipse problem.

I have seen so many other weird and frustrating behaviours in Eclipse I stopped caring about Sad

My project: Kura web log level changer https://github.com/darugnaa/kura-web-log
My blog: http://darugnaa.github.io
Re: Deploy bundle from eclipse to remote kura very slow [message #1610283 is a reply to message #1609695] Tue, 10 February 2015 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
This is interesting. I haven't seen any of these issues in OS X or Linux. I am wondering if it may be a Windows specific problem. I will try to get access to a Windows machine and try the mToolkit deployment. Which version of Windows and Eclipse are you using?

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Deploy bundle from eclipse to remote kura very slow [message #1610565 is a reply to message #1610283] Tue, 10 February 2015 21:56 Go to previous message
I use Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
Eclipse is Version: Luna SR1 (4.4.1) Build id: M20140925-0400
Eclipse plugins installed attached.

Worth checking this as is not a good practice to keep the firewall default as accept all. Could not figure it out what ports eclipse wants to access besides 1450 tcp which si cleary open. I kept linux ss tool open to monitor open ports accessed but no other ports besides 1450 and regular 22 ssh were on the list.

I have also disabled the windows firewall on the client machine, no positive effect.

Thanks
Dan
  • Attachment: plugins.jpg
    (Size: 72.53KB, Downloaded 151 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2015 21:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:simple-xml NodeBuilder No Class Def Found Error on Raspberry Pi running Kura
Next Topic:How to install bundle without starting it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:12:25 GMT 2024