Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Cache Coordination failure during merge operation(Unexpected SQL exception when processing a MergeChangeSet event on remote node)
Cache Coordination failure during merge operation [message #1604110] Fri, 06 February 2015 16:42
Thom Park is currently offline Thom ParkFriend
I have really strange exception that's cropped up during our performance testing of Cache Coordination. (everything worked perfectly 'in the small' but as soon as we scaled up we hit this error during our volume testing:

[PERFDB01]Invalid object name 'Companies'.
Error Code: 208
Call: SELECT DISTINCT CompanyType FROM Companies WHERE ((CompanyID = ?) AND (CompanyType IN (?, ?)))

(Full stack is below)

As far as I can tell, the session that's performing the merge has somehow become disassociated with the correct database. My guess is that it's pointing to the master db (this is SQL server) instead of the PERFDB01 (though the log says otherwise).
There is /always/ a Companies database in all of our test databases.
Another thought was that the session is logged in using the wrong credentials but I don't see how that would be the case.

Has anyone else encountered such an error before (where the node performing the changelist merge cannot find objects in the database during the merge?

Are there any specialized configuration settings I need to add to the RemoteCommandProcessor definition to ensure that the necessary credentials are propagated with the ChangeSet?

-Thom

Full Stack of Exception:

Exception [EclipseLink-22115] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.RemoteCommandManagerException
Exception Description: Local JMSTopicRemoteConnection[Service[EclipseLinkCommandChannel, 0fe19717-f884-4ec9-bfd4-7d1c3573c865, null], topic jms/CacheCoordinationTopic]: failed to process remote command retrieved from message , from Service[EclipseLinkCommandChannel, b2ff5b40-d09c-47a6-95bd-2b733c87cfd6, null], command type MergeChangeSetCommand
Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: com.inet.tds.Tds4SQLException: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1, Sqlstate S0002
[PERFDB01]Invalid object name 'Companies'.
Error Code: 208
Call: SELECT DISTINCT CompanyType FROM Companies WHERE ((CompanyID = ?) AND (CompanyType IN (?, ?)))
bind => [3936851, C, P]
Query: ReadObjectQuery(referenceClass=Company )
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.RemoteCommandManagerException.errorProcessingRemoteCommand(RemoteCommandManagerException.java:210)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.coordination.broadcast.BroadcastRemoteConnection.processReceivedObject(BroadcastRemoteConnection.java:210)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.coordination.jms.JMSTopicRemoteConnection.onMessage(JMSTopicRemoteConnection.java:247)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.coordination.jms.JMSTopicRemoteConnection$JMSOnMessageHelper.run(JMSTopicRemoteConnection.java:510)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Previous Topic:flush commits transaction
Next Topic:Can I have @ManyToOne relationship to an abstract entity using table per class?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 11:11:34 GMT 2024