Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » configure compatibility layer's appModel
configure compatibility layer's appModel [message #1603520] Fri, 06 February 2015 07:58 Go to next message
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Hi all,

as far as I have seen so far the e4 compatibility layer always creates an application model in Workbench.class. This application model always contains certain descriptors.

Is there any way to edit that application model - e.g. add or remove descriptors, set Parts visible or invisible?
As soon as I start the application as an E4Application I won't use the compat layer anymore or am I?
Is there any reading material on how the compat layer actually works and what it does?

thanks in advance
Re: configure compatibility layer's appModel [message #1611859 is a reply to message #1603520] Wed, 11 February 2015 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The E3.x compat layer is itself an E4 application. It records additional information into the model, just as a pure E4 app would do too. Since it's just an E4 app, you can also change the E4 model and the E3.x CL should respond to those changes. So twiddling part visible flags should work.

None of this additional information recorded in the the model is considered API, however, and it may change between releases with no notification. The only reliable doc is the code itself.

Brian.
Re: configure compatibility layer's appModel [message #1613225 is a reply to message #1611859] Thu, 12 February 2015 13:56 Go to previous message
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Thank you for your input Brian - it helped me a lot!
Previous Topic:e3 with e4 problems
Next Topic:Search key in web browser window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 22:06:27 GMT 2024