Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Disable closing ")" when using content assist suggestions
Disable closing ")" when using content assist suggestions [message #1600781] Wed, 04 February 2015 13:39 Go to next message
Toni Sailer is currently offline Toni SailerFriend
Hello,

is there a way, to disable the insertion of the closing ")" when selecting an element from the content assist?

E.g. when typing "file_pu" file_put_contents is suggested and when pressing enter, I want the content assist to insert:
"file_put_contents(" and not "file_put_contents()" with the cursor betwenn "(" and ")"

Background: When inserting "()" and I'm writing "$file" the cursor stands before the ")" and I have to move my hand to the cursor keys to insert the ";" and enter.

This is very annoying.

I've tried different settings and not found a solution.

Aren't there a lot of people having the same problem?

Thanks in advance,
Goo
Re: Disable closing ")" when using content assist suggestions [message #1600901 is a reply to message #1600781] Wed, 04 February 2015 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
It's not possible (you can create feature request on PDT bugzilla), but You don't have to move it manually.

Option 1.
After selecting for example file_get_contents(), this call is in active state. So you can switch between arguments by tab. Last tab move you cursor after ")".

Option 2.
Just write ")", PDT move cursor after it without duplications.

Re: Disable closing ")" when using content assist suggestions [message #1602411 is a reply to message #1600901] Thu, 05 February 2015 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toni Sailer is currently offline Toni SailerFriend
Thanks, but Option 2 is not working for me.

If I write file_put and press enter I get:
file_put_contents() with the cursor betwenn "(" and ")"

Then I write $filename, $data and ")" and get:
file_put_contents($filename, $data))

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Can't believe, that I always have to move my hand to the cursor keys, which makes the content assist slower than writing the full command manually.

Thanks,
Goo

Re: Disable closing ")" when using content assist suggestions [message #1602423 is a reply to message #1602411] Thu, 05 February 2015 14:59 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
This works correctly with current nightly [1]

This also may be bug, but I need you Eclipse/PDT version and whole snippet to reproduce problem (I tested on empty, file, in function, in method, in closure)

[1] - https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.pdt/releases/3.4

Previous Topic:Ctrl+Z undo shifts view up or down
Next Topic:RSE on Eclipse Luna - Update Site down ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:21:09 GMT 2024