Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Disable vertical reordering of executions nodes in Sequence diagram representations
Disable vertical reordering of executions nodes in Sequence diagram representations [message #1600552] Wed, 04 February 2015 10:12 Go to next message
Benoit Ries is currently offline Benoit RiesFriend
Hi,

I am aware of the restrictions on sequence diagrams (https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/sequences/Sequence%20Diagrams.html#restrictions).

- I would like to be able to move the executions nodes (without changing their relative order with respect to the other execution nodes indeed).

The purpose is to have more spaces between the executions nodes. But unfortunately, when I move an execution node "too far", i.e. below another execution node: it triggers something (I guess it is a Event Reorder Tool but I haven't defined any in my VSM...) which prevents me from re-arranging graphically my execution nodes.

So in the end, I would like to disable what is triggered when move the execution node too far below, and just have the node moved down and all other nodes below the node also moved down.

For now, what I did (but it didn't change anything to my issue) is that I specified a Event Reorder Tool in which I added all Executions in Mappings and precondition is true. This tool specifies nothing to do (only an empty Begin instruction).

it's not easy to explain textually a graphical issue, still I hope this is clear !

regards,
Benoît

[Updated on: Wed, 04 February 2015 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable vertical reordering of executions nodes in Sequence diagram representations [message #1610026 is a reply to message #1600552] Tue, 10 February 2015 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
> Hi,

Hi Benoit,

My answer is in the text.

>
> I am aware of the restrictions on sequence diagrams (https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/sequences/Sequence%20Diagrams.html#restrictions).
>
> - I would like to be able to move the executions nodes (without changing their relative order with respect to the other execution nodes indeed).
>
> The purpose is to have more spaces between the executions nodes. But unfortunately, when I move an execution node "too far", i.e. below another execution node: it triggers something (I guess it is a Event Reorder Tool but I haven't defined any in my VSM...) which prevents me from re-arranging graphically my execution nodes.
>
> So in the end, I would like to disable what is triggered when move the execution node too far below, and just have the node moved down and all other nodes below the node also moved down also.
>
> For now, what I did (but it didn't change anything to my issue) is that I specified a Event Reorder Tool in which I added all Executions in Mappings and precondition is true. and this tool does nothing.

That seems a good way to avoid the reordering. From what I see on the
attached screenshot, the tool does not seem valid (there is nothing
under the "Begin" element) may be adding a "change context" - which does
nothing - will solve the problem.

>
> it's not easy to explain textually a graphical issue, still I hope this is clear !
>
> regards,
> Benoît
>

Regards,

--
Florian - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Disable vertical reordering of executions nodes in Sequence diagram representations [message #1611198 is a reply to message #1610026] Wed, 11 February 2015 08:05 Go to previous message
Benoit Ries is currently offline Benoit RiesFriend
Hi Florian,

great that worked ! I was close Smile

thanks,
Previous Topic:[SWTBotTest] How to retrieve/check exists of a context menu
Next Topic:Why this error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:04:54 GMT 2024