Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » PositionService and USB GPS
PositionService and USB GPS [message #1597705] Mon, 02 February 2015 13:47 Go to next message
Davide De Cesaris is currently offline Davide De CesarisFriend
I'm trying to setup my USB GPS with Kura PositionService. The GPS is working fine and the fix is correct as I can see from gpsd linux daemon, but if I enable the Kura PositionService with the correct port (I've tried both serial and USB) and other connection params, I get this error:

[GpsSerialCommunicate] ERROR o.e.k.l.p.GpsDevice - Exception in parseNmeaSentence

How can I solve this issue?
Re: PositionService and USB GPS [message #1599239 is a reply to message #1597705] Tue, 03 February 2015 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Davide,

The PositionService cannot be run in parallel with gpsd. If you are using gpsd, you should leave the PositionService disabled. If you want to use the PositionService, you should stop the gpsd daemon.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: PositionService and USB GPS [message #1599726 is a reply to message #1599239] Tue, 03 February 2015 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello David,

many thanks for your reply.
I can confirm you that no gpsd process is running, but the error of PositionService is still there. Do you have any other idea?
Re: PositionService and USB GPS [message #1603087 is a reply to message #1599726] Fri, 06 February 2015 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
I would recommend changing your log level to "DEBUG" in /opt/eclipse/kura/kura/log4j.properties, then restart Kura. This should create a debug statement in /var/log/kura.log that looks like:

GPS RAW: <nmea_string>

This should indicate which string the PositionService is having trouble parsing. If that works, post the failing string and I will take a look.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: PositionService and USB GPS [message #1603724 is a reply to message #1603087] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:59 Go to previous message
Hi David,

I solved the issue...I don't know why, but the GPS module switched to vendor-binary mode; after turned it back to NMEA mode, everything went well. Thank you again for your support.
Previous Topic:Can we see Console output in raspberry pi
Next Topic:simple-xml NodeBuilder No Class Def Found Error on Raspberry Pi running Kura
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:53:47 GMT 2024