Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » eRCP » Required plug-in could not be found: org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86 when adding org.eclipse.e4.rcp
Required plug-in could not be found: org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86 when adding org.eclipse.e4.rcp [message #1593140] Fri, 30 January 2015 12:46
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Hi all,

I am currently trying to migrate my eclipse 3.7.2 application to RCP 4. On the tutorials by Lars Vogel ( http //www vogella com/tutorials/Eclipse4MigrationGuide/article.html ) or Tom Schindl ( http //tomsondev bestsolution at/2011/07/01/eclipse-4-1-run-your-3-x-rcp-in-4-1/ ) it is mentioned to create a product configuration file and add the feature dependencies to org.eclipse.rcp, org.eclipse.emf.common and org.eclipse.emf.ecore
Since my application did not start afterwards, I also pressed the "add required" button which added org.eclipse.e4.rcp. This feature was not part of my target platform, so I manually added it and got the following errors:

Required plug-in could not be found: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86
Required plug-in could not be found: org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86
Required plug-in could not be found: org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86.source

But: when checking my target platform's plugin-folders I found exactly those plug-ins that are claimed to be missing.

When starting the application regardless of this, I also get more messages similar to
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.pde.ui.templates [1282]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.pde.ui; bundle-version="[3.3.0,4.0.0)"
    -> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.pde.ui; bundle-version="3.8.101.v20140902-1534"; singleton:="true"
       org.eclipse.pde.ui [1281]
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.debug.core

What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Update:
When changing the Application to the application-id I was using before, the program starts without a dependency to the org.eclipse.e4.rcp feature.
This basically makes this question obsolete but I am still wondering how those plug-ins were not found although they were there.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 January 2015 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:RCP not including E4AP DI annotations
Next Topic:How to avoid that another IDetailPaneFactory will be called
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 08:54:11 GMT 2024