Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict(Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict)
Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1591718] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:04 Go to next message
Eric Roberts is currently offline Eric RobertsFriend
I am constructing a report comprised of a Table that contains a sub report in one of its data columns. The sub report is linked to the table by parameter binding to one of the table's data sets. This works and displays properly up to this point. However, the table also requires to be Grouped on one of the data sets. When this Grouping is applied to the table, the data in the sub report vanishes from the output. The data shows up again if the Grouping is removed, but I need to have the Grouping in order to complete the report.

I am completely stumped and have no idea how to resolve this. Please Help!
Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1591726 is a reply to message #1591718] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you attach your design or create a simple example of it with the sample database that will show the issue. Sample database version would be better as it would allow me to test, but your report might allow me to see the issue just by looking at the design.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1591747 is a reply to message #1591726] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't provide the data, and I'm not sure how to attach the design.

My design is a table with several columns, and one of the columns has a sub report in the data row. The sub report is also a table by the way. the two tables are bound together by one of the data sets in the "super" table (using parameter binding). A grouping has also been applied to the "super" table.
Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1591760 is a reply to message #1591747] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

At the top choose "Post Reply" and you'll go to a form with an uploader.

As for the data, I know you may not be able to attach your data. The report will be fine. The sample database option I mentioned would be using the Classic Models Sample Database that ships with BIRT.

Michael

Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1591761 is a reply to message #1591747] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just figured out how to upload my design. Still can't provide you with data, it belongs to the company, and is being collected from the SQL query by the java controller that is generating the report. I hope that this can help you to figure out my problem. Thank you.
Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1591769 is a reply to message #1591761] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually here's the data. I forgot that I made a note pad file of it.
Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1592009 is a reply to message #1591769] Thu, 29 January 2015 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't see a reason for it to not work with a quick glance. Any way you could quickly set up the report to run off your txt file? I'm getting close, I think, but it's taking me some time to figure out what I'm associating with what since I don't know much about the data. Smile

Michael

Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1592183 is a reply to message #1592009] Fri, 30 January 2015 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The data in the report is being queried dynamically based on user parameter inputs. The data I gave you was taken from just one set of inputs.

If you're trying to get the report to run, then I suggest that you delete the report parameters on both the Master Page and in the Data Explorer tab. I am unable to give you those parameters values and they are not what's causing problems on the report. In fact delete everything on the Master Page as it will probably prevent you from running the report.
Re: Table Grouping and Sub Report Conflict [message #1592202 is a reply to message #1592183] Fri, 30 January 2015 00:21 Go to previous message

I modified the data into a couple different CSV files and was working on creating scripted data sets to work as you had them to join to the existing elements in the report since I didn't know what your setup is as to recreate it. Just didn't know if you'd have an easier time setting it up to run for me than I was having. Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:Crosstab taking average of averages
Next Topic:BIRT 371 report running fine on BIRT Designer but running on taking long time to run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:48:17 GMT 2024