Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » XDebug Issue - Debug terminates when no breakpoint left
icon4.gif  XDebug Issue - Debug terminates when no breakpoint left [message #1586031] Mon, 26 January 2015 16:27 Go to next message
sielver Mising name is currently offline sielver Mising nameFriend
So I just installed the last version of Eclipse Mars (4.5) along with PDT.

Something weird is happening: whenever I launch a XDebug session, it does stop at breakpoints but then automatically terminates once all of them (breakpoints) have been passed in the launching script.

The way it used to be in previous versions of Eclipse/PDT (unless I'm missing something and it's a configuration option?), is that the debug session would remain open until I ended it manually, allowing me to keep browsing my whole website in debug mode.

Any idea what could cause this? This is basically preventing me from using the feature altogether.

Thanks in advance
Re: XDebug Issue - Debug terminates when no breakpoint left [message #1586056 is a reply to message #1586031] Mon, 26 January 2015 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Dexter is currently offline Mark DexterFriend
I believe the latest stable release is Luna 4.4.1. Have you tried that one? Good luck.
Re: XDebug Issue - Debug terminates when no breakpoint left [message #1586063 is a reply to message #1586056] Mon, 26 January 2015 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was working fine (not ending prematurely) on Eclipse Luna but not sure it's not related to some weird configuration option. Everything else is working great and the IDE is more responsive so I'd rather not go back, but if there is no other way...
Re: XDebug Issue - Debug terminates when no breakpoint left [message #1586188 is a reply to message #1586063] Mon, 26 January 2015 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK so I opened an Eclipse bug and apparently this is due to a recent patch to the nightly build which is about to get rollbacked/fixed.
Re: XDebug Issue - Debug terminates when no breakpoint left [message #1586387 is a reply to message #1586188] Mon, 26 January 2015 20:54 Go to previous message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
Patch is reverted, so tomorrow you can use http://download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/latest-nightly/ to update you version:)
Previous Topic:Setup/Install problems
Next Topic:How can I showing syntax errors back?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:53:53 GMT 2024