Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Table/List with custom row elements
Table/List with custom row elements [message #1585821] Mon, 26 January 2015 13:58
Jan Brockmeyer is currently offline Jan BrockmeyerFriend
Hey,

I am working on an E4 RAP/RCP application, where the main part is an editor with a list of (approx. 1000) rows consisting of an arbitrary composite. The composites in each row must allow editing of the containing elements, drag and drop, adding, removing (for an example see screenshot in the attachment).

I cannot use Nebula grid, since the restrictions on the layout are quite hard, I would need row and column span which is not supported for the RAP platform.

Unfortunately, the Nebula CompositeTable is also not working, since it does not allow individual row heights which is a showstopper for me.

Another solution could be the use of a Table- or GridEditor, but I already got the advice that this is not recommended due to performance issues. The same holds for me, for using the GridLayout and drawing all rows as compound composites, which works fine for up to 200-300 elements, but definitely not for more than 1000.

Do you have any advice, or an hint how to solve this problem?

I am thinking about optimizing the GridLayout (show only composites in visible range with caching of the upcoming rows).

Another way would be the DataTable from the Google Visualization widget, where I can render my row content with html directly. But unfortunately, it is not available for e4 RAP, right?

Or is there another way you would suggest? If there are questions about my editor "table" or something is not clear, feel free to ask.

Previous Topic:Localization of JFace MessageDialog
Next Topic:RAP Source code 1.3 and 2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:28:57 GMT 2024