Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install
Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1575143] Tue, 20 January 2015 16:55 Go to next message
J G is currently offline J GFriend
Hello,

I have just installed Jubula version 2.3.0.201404150921 with ID com.bredexsw.jubula.product. My OS is Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I cannot see the default unbound modules under Test Case Browser. I installed and went straight into trying the Cheat Sheets and got stuck at Creating the test specification / Reference Test Cases from the library. This because I cannot drag or do anything because I do not see those unbound modules.

So far I have a project, I have the AUT for the SimpleAdder application and the empty test case for it.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1576671 is a reply to message #1575143] Wed, 21 January 2015 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

you can follow the steps from the FAQ to add the unbound modules as a reused project to your current project:
http://testing.bredex.de/faqs/what-should-i-do-if-the-library-projects-are-not-reused-in-my-project.html

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1576981 is a reply to message #1576671] Wed, 21 January 2015 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexandra,

So I have tried importing manually the unbound projects from that location and they will not import. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Can you specify what Import procedure should I use? Because I have tried all of the Import types (the ones under General, Task, Team and Test) and they don't seem to work. But I am probably missing out on a setting.

On adding them as Reused in my project, I cannot see them on the left box to drag them into the right side.
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1576989 is a reply to message #1576981] Wed, 21 January 2015 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

When you try to import them, is the console saying that they are already in the database?

The steps you need to tak are:
1. Import the unbound modules via test - import. You can see if they're already in the database by selecting "test-open" and checking to see if they're listed in the projects you can open.
2. Once they're imported, open the project properties via "test-properties". On the left hand side there is the entry "reused projects". Select it, and then select the unbound modules concrete in the correct version from the list on the left. Move them over to the current project with the arrow. This is documented here.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1577143 is a reply to message #1576989] Wed, 21 January 2015 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra,

What are the steps to take in Test - Import?

i .imgur.com/AExy9A5.png (remove the space please)
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1578157 is a reply to message #1577143] Thu, 22 January 2015 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It looks like you didn't use the Test menu to open the import dialog. Please use the menu path:
"Test --> Import"

You can then follow the instructions for importing projects documented here. The location of the unbound modules projects is described in the FAQ that I posted in an earlier comment.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1620568 is a reply to message #1575143] Tue, 17 February 2015 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benno Heilmann is currently offline Benno HeilmannFriend
Hi,

I succeeded in importing the unbound_modules the way described above.
My problem now is that they are seperated. Before the reinstall I was able to have access to all unbound_modules in one project. But I dont remeber how this was achieved. Do you know how to get all unbound modules at once in the Test Case Browser in the bottom left corner?

Best regards,
Benno
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1620579 is a reply to message #1620568] Tue, 17 February 2015 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benno,

I don't 100% understand what you mean - can you post an image of the test case browser so I can see the problem? The unbound modules that are reused in a project are dependent on the project toolkit (if you choose concrete, you just get "concrete", if you choose "javafx" you get "javafx" and "concrete"). You can select libraries to be reused in the project from the "Used Projects" section in the project properties.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1620659 is a reply to message #1620579] Tue, 17 February 2015 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benno Heilmann is currently offline Benno HeilmannFriend
Thank you for the quick reply.
In the past my Test Case Browser always looked like this. All the unbound_modules are together inside the Test Case Browser.

index.php/fa/20883/0/

With the new installation I only came this far. Here only the actions of unbound_models_rcp are available.

index.php/fa/20886/0/

unbound_models_rcp was loaded from the database like a project. Before I always had access to unbound_modules rcp/concrete/swt via the Test Case Browser within all projects.

index.php/fa/20884/0/

I use Jubula to test an application called 4DIAC. In the paragraph about testing 4DIAC with Jubula on the 4DIAC help page,

http://fordiac.sourceforge.net/ehelp/

I was instructed to choose rcp at any given opportunity
index.php/fa/20887/0/

Is there a way to have access to all unbound modules the way displayed in the first picture. Thank you so much

Edit: It was possible to reach the past state with test-> properties->used projects, because suddenly the two missing unbound_modules could be added to the current project. Sorry bothering you^^

Best regards,
Benno

[Updated on: Tue, 17 February 2015 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot see unbound modules on fresh install [message #1620688 is a reply to message #1620659] Tue, 17 February 2015 11:02 Go to previous message
Hi,

Thanks for the images! It sounds like you got it fixed, but I'm unsure whether you've chosen the correct way. Here are my answers:
- In the first image, you have opened one of the library projects themself, not a project of your own that reuses the library projects.
- The answer is to find the project that contains your actual tests and to ensure that it it set to RCP in the project properties (or create a completely new project if that is what you're planning on doing). Then you can set the reused projects in the project properties.

If you can directly edit the items in the unbound modules, then you are working directly in an unbound modules project. This isn't a good idea because you won't profit from updates to them (you'll be working on your own copy).

If you're unsure: check that the project you're working on's name is not "unbound modules...." and that the unbound modules are shown in blue Smile

Hope that helps!
Alex
Previous Topic:RCP Jacoco
Next Topic:Where are the functions for tree-Table?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:15:25 GMT 2024