Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Report Designer - Unwanted Page Breaks(Unwanted page breaks on export)
icon6.gif  Report Designer - Unwanted Page Breaks [message #1575087] Tue, 20 January 2015 16:19 Go to next message
Michael Sheaver is currently offline Michael SheaverFriend
I am using BIRT on Windows 7, and have encountered a perplexing issue. Last Friday, I created a couple of reports, and they both exported to a single page/sheet the way I had intended. Then this morning I opened them up and they are both exporting to multiple pages/sheets - NOT good. In addition, now when I view the report in the browser, the totals appear correctly, but when I export to Excel, the totals do not export.

I have checked everywhere, including to make sure that page break interval is set to 0.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where these unwanted page breaks are coming from?
Re: Report Designer - Unwant ed Page Breaks [message #1576459 is a reply to message #1575087] Wed, 21 January 2015 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
Michael Sheaver <forums-noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am using BIRT on Windows 7, and have encountered a perplexing issue.
> Last Friday, I created a couple of reports, and they both exported to a
> single page/sheet the way I had intended. Then this morning I opened them
> up and they are both exporting to multiple pages/sheets - NOT good. In
> addition, now when I view the report in the browser, the totals appear
> correctly, but when I export to Excel, the totals do not export.
>
> I have checked everywhere, including to make sure that page break interval is set to 0.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to where these unwanted page breaks are coming from?

Check the page set-up in your browser.
You don't say which version of BIRT, or which spreadsheet export format. I
find the spudsoft export usually does what I want, but sometimes one of the
others matches my need.
--
Colin
Re: Report Designer - Unwant ed Page Breaks [message #1578785 is a reply to message #1576459] Thu, 22 January 2015 16:11 Go to previous message
Michael Sheaver is currently offline Michael SheaverFriend
Colin,

I am using the latest version (4.2.3) of BIRT, and spudsoft does not show up in my list of View Report options. It does not matter which format I choose to view the report (web, PDF, XLS, etc.), it still breaks the report into separate pages or sheets. This would indicate to me that the breaks are being added by BIRT and not the browser, but I could be wrong here. I will research the installation and configuration of spudsoft and see if that works. In the meantime, do you have any other ideas of where to look? Like I indicated before, last week the reports exported to single pages/sheets, but not this week. The only thing different on my computer over the weekend was the installation of Quick Time Player 7.

Thanks,
Michael
Previous Topic:BIRT in IBM Infosphere Data Architect
Next Topic:Birt Checkbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:47:34 GMT 2024