Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Save settings/properties from all plug-ins(Implement one-klick all-plug-ins-settings export)
Save settings/properties from all plug-ins [message #1575066] Tue, 20 January 2015 16:01 Go to next message
Alexander Kerner is currently offline Alexander KernerFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a "settings-export" for my rcp application.
I know that I can access a plug-ins preferences via the IPreferenceStore, but unfortunately this returns settings specific to a certain plug-in.
I'm looking for some possibility to export all my settings in a global way.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Alex
Re: Save settings/properties from all plug-ins [message #1575289 is a reply to message #1575066] Tue, 20 January 2015 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Could you just re-use the existing preferences import/export mechanism? See org.eclipse.ui.de's org.eclipse.ui.importWizards and .exportWizards for how to hook them up.

If not, take a look at how the workbench's preference export does it. Your starting point is org.eclipse.ui.internal.wizards.preferences.WizardPreferencesExportPage1.

If you have the Eclipse SDK installed, you'll have the PDE Plug-in Spy tools (Alt-Shift-F1 and Alt-Shift-F2) which allow introspecting on the classes used to implement various views, editors, wizards, menus, and toolbars.

Brian.
Re: Save settings/properties from all plug-ins [message #1576974 is a reply to message #1575289] Wed, 21 January 2015 16:43 Go to previous message
Alexander Kerner is currently offline Alexander KernerFriend
Hey Brian,

many thanks for the hint, I'm going to try that!

Best,
Alex
Previous Topic:Where are the Luna Eclipse log filess
Next Topic:Problems initializing org.eclipse.ui.editors bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:18:51 GMT 2024