Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapping for window not launched directly(Jubula Object Mapping)
Object Mapping for window not launched directly [message #1574695] Tue, 20 January 2015 11:24 Go to next message
ATeye Bodog is currently offline ATeye BodogFriend
Hello,

I have done Jubula object mapping successfully for an AUT window which was launched via an executable. Clicking a button in this window opens another window which I want to test.

Unfortunately, the Object Mapper cannot seem to "see" the objects in this second window so I cannot import the objects.

Am I missing a trick, setting, or workaround here?

Please advise.

Thanks
Re: Object Mapping for window not launched directly [message #1574989 is a reply to message #1574695] Tue, 20 January 2015 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a goettl is currently offline a goettlFriend
Is the Object Mapper just not highlighting the widgets? Does the shortcut still pull the widget into the mapping view?
Re: Object Mapping for window not launched directly [message #1575011 is a reply to message #1574989] Tue, 20 January 2015 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ATeye Bodog is currently offline ATeye BodogFriend
Hello a goettl, thanks for replying.

Unfortunately, the object mapper does not put any of the components from the derived (2nd) window into <Unassigned Technical Names> using the CTRL+ SHIFT+Q shortcut. That is in addition to the object mapper not highlighting any of the components.

For the first window, objects are highlighted by object mapper and put into <Unassigned Technical Names> ready for use in the test.

To reiterate the navigation is:
Jubula ----(launches)---> 1st window ---(clicking button in first button via the test launches)---> 2nd window

Jubula cannot identify 2nd window's objects (perhaps because it was not launched directly by Jubula)

Question is if there is no feature in Jubula to identify components of a window which was not launched directly, or if I am missing a trick, workaround, or setting?
Re: Object Mapping for window not launched directly [message #1576672 is a reply to message #1575011] Wed, 21 January 2015 13:00 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

What toolkit does the applciation use? If it is RCP, is the second window a native dialog (e.g. a file chooser) or is it a normal window? Are you unable to map any of the components in it or just some?

Thanks for adding the information!
Alex
Previous Topic:HTML toolkit - AUT
Next Topic:Jubula parallel tests executions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 09:38:18 GMT 2024