Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Getting more then one result in a single result field(Getting more then one result in a single result field)
Getting more then one result in a single result field [message #1573407] Mon, 19 January 2015 18:31 Go to next message
Jacob Riley is currently offline Jacob RileyFriend
I have a semi-complicated report with a number of different data sources, and for the most part the report it working correctly, with one maddening exception. I have one table, with two results from the same data set. Both of the results are computed columns, simple concatenations of output columns, and one of them work correctly, but the other returns all results each time it displays.

An example of what it's doing:

If the results returned from the Db are:
Names: Smith, James E and Smith, Jane F
Address: 1234 Main Street, Erehwon AK 99501

The results displayed on the report like this:

Name: Smith, James ESmith, Jane F
Address: 1234 Main Street,
Erehwon AK 99501

Name: Smith, James ESmith, Jane F
Address: 1234 Main Street,
Erehwon AK 99501

As far as I can tell I have the address and the name field coded the same, but they behave differently. Any ideas why the name field is might be displaying all the results?
Re: Getting more then one result in a single result field [message #1577173 is a reply to message #1573407] Wed, 21 January 2015 19:03 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Could you provide a sample of the script you are using in the computed column for concatenating the columns?
Previous Topic:Error while generating report using BIRT designer
Next Topic:BIRT Intalling a Plugin Fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:53:46 GMT 2024