Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Pushing from Hudson to SCM?
icon5.gif  Pushing from Hudson to SCM? [message #1572823] Mon, 19 January 2015 11:00 Go to next message
Kaz Nishimura is currently offline Kaz NishimuraFriend
I don't have much experience in continuous integration and also in Hudson, and I am now thinking about maintaining SCM repository contents with Hudson. Is it a common practice to push Hudson-local files to a remote SCM repository?

I know there are several SCM plugins that can pull repository contents but how do you push locally generated or modified files to a repository? Doing such a thing is not so common?

Kaz Nishimura
Re: Pushing from Hudson to SCM? [message #1574414 is a reply to message #1572823] Tue, 20 January 2015 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan Mills is currently offline Duncan MillsFriend

It's more usual to be pushing generated artefacts to a Software Repository Manager such as Artifactory or Nexus and for those actions there are different approaches depending on the Repository you are using e.g. see: Configure Maven to Deploy to Nexus

Duncan Mills
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Pushing from Hudson to SCM? [message #1575706 is a reply to message #1574414] Wed, 21 January 2015 00:10 Go to previous message
Kaz Nishimura is currently offline Kaz NishimuraFriend
I am thinking of automatically updating a web site backed by SCM, and in addition, updating native software versions incrementally after each release or deployment. Both does not use Maven and the destinations don't use any repository managers.

Kaz Nishimura

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2015 00:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Hudson on Java EE 7 (CDI 1.1)
Next Topic:Advice in moving from java 1.6 to java 1.8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:14:45 GMT 2024