Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Some troubleshooting in recording testcases using RCPTT(Some troubleshooting in recording testcases using RCPTT)
Some troubleshooting in recording testcases using RCPTT [message #1570939] Sun, 18 January 2015 09:50 Go to next message
Jack Rodwell is currently offline Jack RodwellFriend
Hello Everyone,
I am automating test cases for an eclipse based IDE and facing problems in recording and verifying some of the testcases with RCPTT. So I am seeking for your help.

#Testcase 1:
In my AUT, pressing "ALT + /" auto completes suggestions (e.g: if I write #inc then pressing "Alt + /" will automatically complete #include ). But in RCPTT IDE it does not record the
"Alt + /" in testcase. Other short cuts like "cltr +Z" or "cltr + Y" is recorded properly.

#Testcase 2:
I need to expand a project in project explorer view and then use the vertical navigation bar to reach the end of expansion . Then I need to verify whether the end of project can be reached by using navigation bar. Now the problem is when I am dragging the navigation bar with mouse nothing is recorded in the RCPTT test case although the action is happening in my AUT.

#testcase 3 :
In my AUT if there is any error in the Text editor then in the left ruler a error sign is showed on that specific line and if one hover the mouse over that sign it shows the actual error massage. Testcase need to verify whether the error massage appears or not. But whenever I remove the mouse from the error sign on the left ruler the actual error massage disappears . So I am unable to assert anything . Is there any way to verify this type of massage in RCP.

Will be looking forward for your solutions. Thanks in advance

Re: Some troubleshooting in recording testcases using RCPTT [message #1572975 is a reply to message #1570939] Mon, 19 January 2015 12:56 Go to previous message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us!

Testcase 1
What line of ECL code is generated when you click "Alt+/"?
Try to replace it by
key-type "M3+/"

Testcase 2
To expand all items in tree you can use following constuction:
get-view "Project Explorer" | get-tree | expand-all

Testcase 3
To verify ruler markers you need to select an editor text area in assertion mode and check markers property.
See the attached screenshot for the details.
index.php/fa/20485/0/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Integrating Sikuli
Next Topic:[SOLVED] How get status of the "Show Properties Properties" button ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:08:35 GMT 2024