Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » PTP path to SDM executable not saved :(
PTP path to SDM executable not saved :( [message #1567918] Fri, 16 January 2015 16:55
Bram Mising name is currently offline Bram Mising nameFriend
Hi,

At this moment I'm running into an apparently very small but also very annoying problem. I'd be very grateful if someone could give some input. I'm using the Parallel Application Developers version of Eclipse, which has the PTP plugin automatically included. I'm trying to debug a python application with openMPI. When I try to launch a parallel debug (using instructions from here help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.doc.user%2Fhtml%2F06parDebugging.html[/url] ), I run into a problem.

"Error completing debug job launch. Reason: cannot connect to debugger".

Then eclipse is frozen and the only way I can continue is by using "kill -9" on a process with the name 'sdm'.

So from what I read online it seems like I may have to install SDM manually. I download the package from download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/luna and I place the binary in a custom install directory (I have no root access to the machine I'm on). I then try to specify the custom location (see the attached image file), but for some reason eclipse does not save it, even if I click the buttons 'apply' or 'debug'. If I click on another tab (like 'Environment') and then go back to the 'debug' tab, the default location '/usr/local/bin/sdm' is given again.

This is quite frustrating. Does anyone have an idea why the custom path may not be saved ? I have the same problem on another computer. The debug configuration is for a "Parallel Application" with "Generic OpenMPI Interactive" as Target System Configuration (just in case this matters). I selected Connection Type: local

sincerely,
Bram
Previous Topic:Re: model execution with Moka
Next Topic:Separate source and project files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:02:19 GMT 2024