Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ?
SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ? [message #1567305] Fri, 16 January 2015 09:19 Go to next message
Aurélien MENDES is currently offline Aurélien MENDESFriend
Hi everybody !!

On my old Eclipse (Europa) I used to open my SQL files with the "SQL File Editor" and my .htaccess files (e.g) with the "Properties File Editor.
But I recently switched to Eclipse Luna version and they are no more available in the list of proposed Editors (both in Internal and External).

Can I add some Editors in this list ? And if yes how ?

Or perhaps I have to change my behaviors and so I would need some suggestions to work on this files (SQL, .htaccess and other strange files commonly found in a Web-PHP project).

Thank a lot for your help and time,
Aurélien.
Re: SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ? [message #1567683 is a reply to message #1567305] Fri, 16 January 2015 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
For SQL files you can use DBeaver, available on marketplace, have also many other advance fatures. On Europa you probably worked with http://eclipsesql.sourceforge.net/

Properties file editor is part of JDT, so you need Java capabilities to use it again.

Re: SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ? [message #1572693 is a reply to message #1567683] Mon, 19 January 2015 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot Dawid !

And so, now my question become, is there a way to include Java capabilities in PHP project ?
Re: SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ? [message #1572824 is a reply to message #1572693] Mon, 19 January 2015 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found !
In Help -> Install new softwares ...

And so resolved.
Thanks one more time.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2015 11:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ? [message #1572832 is a reply to message #1572824] Mon, 19 January 2015 11:10 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Go to : Help->Install new software.
Select Luna update site.
Wait a moment.
Check "Eclipse Java Development Tools" under "Programming Languages"

Previous Topic:Importing files from other directories
Next Topic:What does the project folder + icon mean?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:06:17 GMT 2024