Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to define different library data sources in reports
How to define different library data sources in reports [message #1567122] Fri, 16 January 2015 07:04 Go to next message
vidjur Mising name is currently offline vidjur Mising nameFriend
Hello,

I have created library which data source is .xml file (e.g. a.xml), but my problem is that in reports where I use this library I need to define different data sources for library (e.g. b.xml).

Why I need this? Because I use this library in the different reports with different data sources.

For example:
In the Report1 I need to have library data source b.xml;
In the Report2 I need to have library data source c.xml;

Thank you for answers!
Re: How to define different library data sources in reports [message #1579780 is a reply to message #1567122] Fri, 23 January 2015 05:18 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I think I responded to you over on the BIRT Developer Center about this as well, but I wasn't able to get this to work without creating a new data set within each report and defining the xml file in it. It doesn't sound like this would work for you. Any script to try to modify the library data source/set in the report seems to not work. It always reverts back to the version in the library. I'll let you know if I find something that works.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Script engine error: ReferenceError after migrated from 2.5.2 to 3.7.2
Next Topic:Accessing Dataset Mappings Via Java API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:11:50 GMT 2024