Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Project files and folders sorting by capital letter first?!
Project files and folders sorting by capital letter first?! [message #1566589] Thu, 15 January 2015 23:45 Go to next message
Dave H is currently offline Dave HFriend
I just created a new project, and it's sorting the folders and filenames alphabetically but with capital letters first. It's like (folders before files):

Abc, Def, Xyz, bcd, pqr, zeb

How do I fix this?!
Re: Project files and folders sorting by capital letter first?! [message #1567571 is a reply to message #1566589] Fri, 16 January 2015 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Dave,

It doesn't do that for me, in the Project Explorer, the Project
Explorer, nor the Navigator views. In which view are you seeing this?

On 16/01/2015 12:45 AM, Dave H wrote:
> I just created a new project, and it's sorting the folders and
> filenames alphabetically but with capital letters first. It's like
> (folders before files):
>
> Abc, Def, Xyz, bcd, pqr, zeb
>
> How do I fix this?!

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Project files and folders sorting by capital letter first?! [message #1568020 is a reply to message #1566589] Fri, 16 January 2015 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Dave H wrote on Fri, 16 January 2015 01:45
I just created a new project, and it's sorting the folders and filenames alphabetically but with capital letters first. It's like (folders before files):

Abc, Def, Xyz, bcd, pqr, zeb

How do I fix this?!

Which operating system?

UNIXish systems do look at letter case in file names,
and you're requiring the Windows case-independent way.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Project files and folders sorting by capital letter first?! [message #1651978 is a reply to message #1568020] Thu, 05 March 2015 16:26 Go to previous message
Dave H is currently offline Dave HFriend
I'm using Eclipse on Windows, and I also use FileZilla and putty, and only Eclipse displays them wrong.

putty: application, bin, dbschema, docs, lib, log, scripts, sites, solr, sphinx, tests
Eclipse: +application, +bin, +scripts, +solr, +sphinx, dbschema, docs, lib, log, sites, tests (+ folders have a yellow box with a + through it on the folder)
FileZilla: application, bin, dbschema, docs, lib, log, scripts, sites, solr, sphinx, tests

I don't understand why some folders have + on them in Eclipse and are put in front of folders without it, nor how to fix it. I thought at first a folder I was looking for wasn't there and I might not have checked carefully if it were a big list and I was assuming things were sorted properly.
Previous Topic:HelloWorldSWT tutorial
Next Topic:Eclipse CDT - external libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 23:38:56 GMT 2024