Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Too many INFO Log entries coming from AbstractColumn(validateColumnValue called with row not of type class org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.int)
Too many INFO Log entries coming from AbstractColumn [message #1565369] Thu, 15 January 2015 08:33 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Yesterday I had a look at some client log from a scout application in production.

I have seen a lot of INFO entries:
Quote:
org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.columns.AbstractColumn:

validateColumnValue called with row not of type class org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.internal.InternalTableRow

I had a lot of those lines (maybe 1/3 of the log file was filled with those entries).

The corresponding code looks like that:

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  public void validateColumnValue(ITableRow row, IFormField editor, boolean singleColValidation, T value) {
    if (row == null) {
      LOG.error("validateColumnValue called with row=null");
      return;
    }
    if (!(row instanceof InternalTableRow)) {
      LOG.info("validateColumnValue called with row not of type " + InternalTableRow.class);
      return;
    }

What does it means?
What should I change to have a row that is an InternalTableRow?
I think my use case is a very straight forward import of values from the FormData. Something might be wrong in the Table implementation.

Another aspect behind this question is:
What is the recommended Log level for scout classes (starting with org.eclipse.scout.rt.*) for applications in production?
I guess that this INFO records in (org.eclipse.scout.rt.*) might be interesting for developers who work on scout. It might also be interested at development time (to know if you are misusing the scout framework). But in production, those logs are not usefull.

Any thought?
Re: Too many INFO Log entries coming from AbstractColumn [message #1572765 is a reply to message #1565369] Mon, 19 January 2015 10:19 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Karsten Thoms has already opended a bug for this: Bug 437168
Previous Topic:Tab layout and selection issues
Next Topic:Tool bar missing on OS X build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:51:53 GMT 2024