Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Combining RCP and html toolkit
Combining RCP and html toolkit [message #1564007] Wed, 14 January 2015 14:50 Go to next message
Andreas Scharf is currently offline Andreas ScharfFriend
Hi,

I already have used Jubula for testing an RCP GEF application. Now I'm wondering if Jubula is also suited for testing a combination of an Eclipse based RCP and a web application.

In my scenario the user clicks a button in Eclipse which should open a certain web page in the internal web browser. Beside the usual tests to check if the button can be clicked etc. I also have to ensure that the content of the web page is correct. Furthermore, I also want to follow a specific click flow within the web application and finally check some things in the RCP again.

My first thought was that I would need a combination of the two toolkits (rcp & html) but this does not seem to be possible, isn't it?

Best regards,
Andreas
Re: Combining RCP and html toolkit [message #1567195 is a reply to message #1564007] Fri, 16 January 2015 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Andreas,

I don't think that the scenario is doable with Jubula - within the RCP toolkit we don't have access to the HTML components, and from a test specification perspective, the HTML actions can't be used. The topic of "mixing toolkits" is a big one that doesn't have a conceptual grounding at the moment in the tool.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Combining RCP and html toolkit [message #1567351 is a reply to message #1567195] Fri, 16 January 2015 09:55 Go to previous message
Andreas Scharf is currently offline Andreas ScharfFriend
Hi Alex,

thank you for just making things clear. I was expecting something like that but I wanted to be sure not miss anything obvious.

Best regards,
Andreas
Previous Topic:E4 GEF Support?
Next Topic:HTML toolkit - AUT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:48:14 GMT 2024