Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Taking a complex screenshot with RCPTT
Taking a complex screenshot with RCPTT [message #1562503] Tue, 13 January 2015 18:55 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I am trying to use RCPTT to do some screenshot inside of the Eclipse IDE (with the Scout SDK perspective). This is similar to what Cedric Brun is describing (but he is using SWTBot): ShuangXi effect : UI testing and documentation

This works well for wizard (Ivan Inozemtsev provided me some clues to start at the EclipseCon Europe 2014):
 //Create new project and take a screenshot of the "New Scout Project" wizard:
get-view "Scout Explorer" | get-tree | select "Scout Projects" | get-menu "New Scout Project..." | click
with [get-window "New Scout Project"] {
    with [get-editbox -after [get-label "Project Name"]] {
        type-text "org.eclipsescout.helloworld"
    }
    get-object | invoke setSize 600 500
    wait -ms 500
    get-object | save-screenshot [format "%s/screenshot/sdk_new_project_2.png" [get-java-property "user.home"]]
    get-button Finish | click
}

Result: sdk_new_project_2.png
index.php/fa/20424/0/

Now I am trying to take a screenshot from something more complex:
* A view in the Workbench
=> I only managed to take a screenshot of the tree in the view.
* In this view I would like to open a menu and to take a screenshot with the view and the menu.

The screenshot I like to take:

index.php/fa/20425/0/

The screenshot I have managed to take:
//Screenshot of the "Scout Explorer" with the MainBox selected:
with [get-view "Scout Explorer"] {
    get-tree | select "Scout Projects/org.eclipsescout.helloworld/org.eclipsescout.helloworld.client/Forms/DesktopForm/MainBox" 
	get-tree | get-object | save-screenshot [format "%s/screenshot/sdk_new_field_wizard_menu.png" [get-java-property "user.home"]]
}

index.php/fa/20426/0/

Any Idea if this is possible or not?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Taking a complex screenshot with RCPTT [message #1563449 is a reply to message #1562503] Wed, 14 January 2015 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello Jeremie,

Thank you for contacting us and reporting this issue!
In the current implementation RCPTT doesn't show menus, so for now it can't make screenshots of them.
However we are going to consider this issue of how to take a screenshot of menu.
I will notify you about our progress.

How to take a screenshot of a view in the Workbench, please take a look at https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/blog/2014/11/21/screenshots-with-rcptt.html
Please let me know if you have any questions.

I see that your last screenshot is shifted.
What version of RCPTT do you use?

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Taking a complex screenshot with RCPTT [message #1565423 is a reply to message #1563449] Thu, 15 January 2015 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your answer!

If you consider using RCPTT as tool to take screenshots of your documentation, having screenshots with menus is really important (someone has also asked for this feature with SWTBot in a comment of Cedric Brun article).

Thank you also for your pointer on the RCPTT Blog. This is a great blog entry! I will look into it more deeply.
I read the eclipse planet every day, and the posts of your blog are not published there. You should consider add your blog (all you need is a RSS or ATOM feed).
Re: Taking a complex screenshot with RCPTT [message #1576330 is a reply to message #1563449] Wed, 21 January 2015 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to the inputs on the blog post, I was able to update my proof of concepts script to take Screenshot of the Eclipse IDE.

I have updated to rcptt.ide-incubation-1.5.4, in oder to get the fix for bug 450277 and now screenshot of my tree is working well.

I have also used the "find-tab-folder" procedure and everything is working.

Olga Yurchuk wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 08:50
In the current implementation RCPTT doesn't show menus, so for now it can't make screenshots of them.
However we are going to consider this issue of how to take a screenshot of menu.
I will notify you about our progress.

I think this is really a killer feature.
Have you a bug I can track to see the progress on this?
Have you already a time schedule for this?
Re: Taking a complex screenshot with RCPTT [message #1611111 is a reply to message #1576330] Wed, 11 February 2015 06:42 Go to previous message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

I'm very sorry for a long delay.
I've created a bug in BugZilla about this issue:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=459618
You can track to see the progress in bugzilla and also I'll notify you as soon as it is fixed.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] get-item -index does not seem to work
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Help understanding Workspace Contexts and Test Case autonomy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:17:52 GMT 2024