Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Class Not Found Error/Exception
Class Not Found Error/Exception [message #1548151] Mon, 05 January 2015 21:43 Go to next message
Steve Burrus is currently offline Steve BurrusFriend
I'm afraid that I have been consistently gettting a "Class Not Found Error/Exception" when I try to compile and run the simplest Java file!! For example see the attached file.
  • Attachment: Error.png
    (Size: 311.57KB, Downloaded 185 times)
Re: Class Not Found Error/Exception [message #1548283 is a reply to message #1548151] Mon, 05 January 2015 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Looking at your screenshot I wonder how you are building your project: how does the "Integrated External Tool Builder" come into the picture? And why is it referring to a project called My_Java_Proj whereas the real project is called MyJavaProj??
After a failed build you should not be surprised about "ClassNotFound"

Re: Class Not Found Error/Exception [message #1549691 is a reply to message #1548283] Tue, 06 January 2015 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I frankly/honestly don't know where the "Integrated External Tool Builder" setting comes from?? It might be from a setting at the bottom of the "Run" menu.
Re: Class Not Found Error/Exception [message #1549698 is a reply to message #1549691] Tue, 06 January 2015 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I don't think so, buiders are not about launching, but about - building.

Please check your project settings, page "Builders". For a plain Java project you should only see "Java Builder". Anything else?
Re: Class Not Found Error/Exception [message #1556947 is a reply to message #1549698] Sat, 10 January 2015 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erick Hagstrom is currently offline Erick HagstromFriend
I'm guessing that you originally set up the project as "My_Java_Proj", then decided you didn't like the underscores and tried to rename things. Eclipse can get very confused when you do that. (That's not an entirely fair statement. A better way of putting it is that Eclipse has a lot of metadata that it uses to keep track of where things are, and if you're not VERY careful you can end up changing a name or location without getting all of the metadata pointing in the right direction.)

Try making a brand new project, put a new copy of IfElse1 into it, and see if that helps.
Re: Class Not Found Error/Exception [message #1583120 is a reply to message #1556947] Sun, 25 January 2015 01:49 Go to previous message
Well it's been a while I posted here but I have tjhe same old problem with the Build Path!! This is the error I get when I try to run the simplest Java file : "Error: Could not find or load main class JavaClass," I have been trying to set just the right JRE Library without any success.
Previous Topic:Eclipse not starting
Next Topic:Search for filename patterns is case sensitive on osx
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 12:56:45 GMT 2024