Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Redirect ProcessBuilder output to Eclipse Console
Redirect ProcessBuilder output to Eclipse Console [message #1542464] Fri, 02 January 2015 17:22
Radek Martínek is currently offline Radek MartínekFriend
Hi all,

I am working on a simple plugin, which uses ProcessBuilder class to run batch file. This batch file calls another applications. I would like to catch the text generated when this batch script is running and redirect it to Eclipse Console.

The best result, which I was able to implement, was with implemented Stream Gobbler, which runs in different thread and use InputStream reader from Process created when start function is called on ProcessBuilder. But even with this Stream Gobbler the text is written to conslole only when the batch script ends. I am not able to catch the batch script output and print it into Eclipse Console in real-time.

But if you use Make Target functionality, which is integrated directly in Eclipse and run a batch file through this, the output from batch file is in real-time redirected to Eclipse Console. So there must be a way how to do that also in the plugin.

Thanks for replies.
Previous Topic:Extending refactoring menu
Next Topic:Headless build fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:50:13 GMT 2024