Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » NPE in AggregateCalculator with Birt 4.4.1(NPE in AggregateCalculator for Total.count())
NPE in AggregateCalculator with Birt 4.4.1 [message #1536948] Tue, 30 December 2014 14:38 Go to next message
Earl Bennett is currently offline Earl BennettFriend
I've seen messages for this error with BIrt 2.x, but not with 4.4.1. The messages I've seen indicate this error was fixed some time ago.

I'm running 4.4.1 in an OSGi environment. My report uses Total.count() to display the total number of records. The report works fine when Previewed from Eclipse, but fails in my run time environment.

The error occurs at line 288 of AggregateCalculator class:

assert argDefs.length == aggrArgs[aggrIndex].length;

The code works OK for the first row in the result set. Right after this assert statement is a call to calculateArguments. This routine contains the following code:

if ( aggrInfo.args == null || aggrInfo.args.length == 0 )
{
aggrArgs[aggrIndex] = null;
}

aggrInfo.args.length is equal to 0, so aggrArgs[aggrindex] is set to null.

When the second row from the result set is processed, the assert statement at line 288 throws an NPE because aggrArgs[aggrIndex] is now null.

I don't understand the overall BIrt functionality well enough to understand why aggrArgs[aggrIndex] is set to null in calculateArguments method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Precise version of Birt report engine is 4.4.1.v201409160530

Earl

Re: NPE in AggregateCalculator with Birt 4.4.1 [message #1537445 is a reply to message #1536948] Tue, 30 December 2014 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Could you attach a sample that uses the classic models sample database or another type of data source that you can provide to run the sample report? This way I can see your setup and test on the design. Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: NPE in AggregateCalculator with Birt 4.4.1 [message #1547577 is a reply to message #1537445] Mon, 05 January 2015 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earl Bennett is currently offline Earl BennettFriend
I appreciate your willingness to look into this. I would very much like to put a sample together that produces this for you. However, I suspect that it would be non-trivial, and I don't have a lot of spare time. It is unlikely that I will be able to put something together in the near future.

I have gotten around the problem for now by disabling Java asserts. The reports seem to work fine with asserts disabled.
Re: NPE in AggregateCalculator with Birt 4.4.1 [message #1552099 is a reply to message #1547577] Thu, 08 January 2015 01:12 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Okay. You might log a bug for this and see what the project committee says about it.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Footnotes and Endnotes on a BIRT report
Next Topic:Issue with org.apache.poi.* jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:28:02 GMT 2024