Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » @ClassId and documentation usage(more philosophy)
@ClassId and documentation usage [message #1536425] Tue, 30 December 2014 07:37 Go to next message
Chris MontyFriend
I moved this question here from my the other thread to increase searchability.

I've spotted the new @ClassID annotations and their corresponding documentation texts in the Luna release, and am curious to know how they can be used. All I could find in the New and Noteworthy that the @ClassID can be used for automated UI testing (which is really cool btw). But when I saw the "Documentation" box in the Scout Object Properties panel I thought it might be for context-sensitive help maybe? Now that really would be cool, but I couldn't find any info on it. Can anyone provide any links?

[Updated on: Tue, 30 December 2014 08:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: @ClassId and documentation usage [message #1536947 is a reply to message #1536425] Tue, 30 December 2014 14:37 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
To get an introduction read: Luna New and Noteworthy > Unique Id (classId) for Scout Model

For automated UI testing, I have started to describe it on the forum: Set name of Swing component from Scout.

Another approach is to generate a document containing Screenshots and some Textual description. I have seen it in action, but I am not sure to know what the current status is.
I need to ask about the status of this feature (I hope to have an answer in the first week of January => after the 5 January 2015)

I heard about the idea of context-sensitive help, but I do not know. I will also ask about this.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 December 2014 16:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:If you try the developer preview version Mars M4
Next Topic:Problem tablet/mobile and serversession
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 15:25:41 GMT 2024