Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cross-compiling for Freescale 9S12(Need to combine assembler and C sources)
Cross-compiling for Freescale 9S12 [message #1531420] Sat, 27 December 2014 11:52 Go to next message
Nigel Johnson is currently offline Nigel JohnsonFriend
Hi,

I teach embedded systems and I'm looking for a common IDE that my students can use for different types of embedded controllers.

I have downloaded and installed:

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Luna Service Release 1 (4.4.1)
Build id: 20140925-1800

I am using SuSE linux 13.2

and I thought that a good start would be to get it to compile an existing project.

I have a project with multiple assembly and C source code modules, which exists on the same computer and compiles fine using m6811-elf-gcc from a command line outside of Eclipse. I have pointed the project to those m6811-elf-gcc, -as and -ld binaries

So I imported all the source files, including Makefile from the existing directory.

When I Build all, I am getting huge numbers of undefined labels, which are all inside the assembler source files. I tried importing the .o files into the project as well but no change.

I don't really need assembler editing support since the assembler is mostly an RTOS and doesn't need changing, but I need to find a way to call the assembler before it compiles the C files.

I have been through all the hjelp files all day today and come up with nothing. Am I trying to do something that it is not intended for? Has anybody else done this that can give me some pointers? Would it be possible to use the old Makefile instead of loading files into the panels of Eclipse?

Any help would be appreciated. As soon as I get this going I want to look into building projects for the Freescale Cortex, TI TMS430, and PIC

cheers,
Nigel
Re: Cross-compiling for Freescale 9S12 [message #1535133 is a reply to message #1531420] Mon, 29 December 2014 14:20 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hello Nigel,

maybe this nice blog has helpful informations for you:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/

Quote:
but I need to find a way to call the assembler before it compiles the C files

You can define Pre- and Post-build steps.
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fcdt_u_prop_build_settings_steps.htm

A other solution may be to create a makefile project and then write your own makefile. For more information check the FAQ -> Link in footer.

regards,
Klaus

Previous Topic:Cant edit a program in Eclipse
Next Topic:How do I install MinGW?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:31:47 GMT 2024