Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » drag&drop, palette, graphic component
drag&drop, palette, graphic component [message #1522864] Mon, 22 December 2014 15:39 Go to next message
Benno Heilmann is currently offline Benno HeilmannFriend
Hi,

I have a Problem dragging&dropping an item from a palette into a graphic component.
The following image displays the situation. On the right side the item of the palette marked in yellow and on the left the graphic component with already one functionblock (FB) colored in teal.

index.php/fa/20285/0/

I want Jubula to drag the RMT_DEVICE in yellow and drop it to the graphic component.
Note the only way to accomplish this (when doing it manually) is to move the mouse over the palette item RMT_DEVICE, then click and hold left mouse button move the mouse over some empty space in the graphic component and release the mouse button. (For example a double click on RMT_DEVICE will not create a FB in the graphic component). So, it is an honest drag and drop operation with the palette item as the source and the graphic component as the target.

I tried ...rcp->Actions->Drag&Drop->Figure Canvas->...dragAndDrop_byTextpath but it failed
In a link for a ticket I found this message:

index.php/fa/20286/0/

the link:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=374857

So, the message says drag needs drop as follower. Also, it recommends to try replacing the drag and drop operations with clicks.
I did two experiments that follow this idea.
The first one uses solely clicks. So, Jubula clicks the RMT_DEVICE and then clicks the graphic component. It did not work out (neither of the clicks were successful).
After that I used ...rcp->Actions->Select->Figure Canvas->...selectTool_byTextpath... and ...rcp->Actions->... dropOnfigure_byTextpath Operation. Unfortunately it did not work, though selectTool_byTextpath was.

What I wanted to add is I always took great care of the AUT being active and thanks to your help my inspector is also working now providing me accurate textpaths.

I attached the logs of the .jubula directory. If they have become to complicated I am willing to repeat my tests and reupload them in order the important information out of the logs will be easier to track.

Re: drag&drop, palette, graphic component [message #1549169 is a reply to message #1522864] Tue, 06 January 2015 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Benno,

Thanks for the information and the images - they are helpful in understanding the problem.

I think that the problem might be the following:
- you would have to use "drop on figure" with some position specs to access the correct place in the figure itself. That would require performing a drag option first (I doubt that clicking the tool item using "select tool" then performing "drop on figure" would work, but you can try this combination just to see).
- if you use the click actions, you would have to use "select tool" then "click figure". If I've understood correctly, this wouldn't work because your AUT doesn't support it. Is that correct?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: drag&drop, palette, graphic component [message #1554674 is a reply to message #1549169] Fri, 09 January 2015 10:36 Go to previous message
Benno Heilmann is currently offline Benno HeilmannFriend
Hi,

thank you for your answer and your help.

In your last message I understood that I can still try
1) selectTool_byTextpath + clickInFigure_byTextpath (with x-y-coordinates)
and
2) dragFigure_byTextpath + dropOnFigure_byTextpath (with x-y-coordinates).

Did I understand your message correctly?

I tried the two scenarios above and shot photos of it.
1)index.php/fa/20404/0/
2)index.php/fa/20403/0/

Are there other things you would consider in order to successfully perform a drag and drop action from a palette to a graphic component?
Do you need additional data of the experiments?

Cheers,
Benno
Previous Topic:Detect an SWT-Accordion Button with Jubula
Next Topic:Problem with the Inspector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 04:50:16 GMT 2024