Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » unable to run C++ programs in eclipse(unable to run C++ programs in eclipse)
unable to run C++ programs in eclipse [message #1515826] Thu, 18 December 2014 12:05 Go to next message
suresh stephen is currently offline suresh stephenFriend
iam new to eclipse for C++ . i have been using visual studio till now for this.

My system details are as follows
eclipse luna release 1 4.4.1
cygwin 64 bit for g++ compiler
eclipse CDT latest version

iam able to create and compile a simple helloworld program.

However when i try to run it the exe is always crashing.
There is no specific error code displayed in console , just a pop up saying that the program has stopped responding. i tried various options in this forum but the problem still persists. Would be grateful if any help can be provided for the same
Re: unable to run C++ programs in eclipse [message #1517728 is a reply to message #1515826] Fri, 19 December 2014 18:08 Go to previous message
Al Go is currently offline Al GoFriend
Does you compilation go ok without any warnings or errors? It's hard to say, what can be the problem, there can be a lot of reasons for this.
Basically, it should be not a problem with Eclipse itself, but rather with a compiler or some compiler settings. Try another toolchain - you can try MinGW.
I have installed Eclipse with MinGW on many computers, and never have such type of problems. Just don't forget to specify path to you toolchain in environment PATH variable.
If compilation goes ok, then you should check what cygwin is doing.
And another one thing. I don't know what are you doing, but may be you should try 32-bit version, even to make you program possible to run on 32-bit OS?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 December 2014 18:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:GUI designer/wizard integrated with eclipse
Next Topic:Find Declarations behavior in #define
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:07:57 GMT 2024