Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Accessing application activity information(how to retrieve the current activity instance id from a java application)
Accessing application activity information [message #1514883] Wed, 17 December 2014 17:41 Go to next message
albert boonstra is currently offline albert boonstraFriend
Can anyone suggest a way to access the application activity related information such as the current OID (Activity instance id). I can see that id in the debugger but have not found an API to retrieve it in a plain java application.

I want to use that id to do relocation within the process using the WorkflowService.performAdHocTransaction.

The use case is when an application activity (plain java application) fails, that application activity should be aborted and the process instance should be set back to the first available relocation target found.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 December 2014 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Accessing application activity information [message #1572623 is a reply to message #1514883] Mon, 19 January 2015 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Albert,

checkout the predefined process data in the Eclipse modeler.
Using a Spring Bean instead of a POJO and looking up information in the context may also be of interest. For instance:
SessionContext sessionContext = SessionContext.findSessionContext();
		QueryService qsService = sessionContext.getServiceFactory()
				.getQueryService();

ParticipantInfo pInfo = qsService....
Re: Accessing application activity information [message #1580265 is a reply to message #1572623] Fri, 23 January 2015 11:40 Go to previous message
albert boonstra is currently offline albert boonstraFriend
Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean with the predefined process data.

In the meantime I found out it is not possible to relocate the process from the (failing) application activity due to incompatible state (state running).

Another approach I am trying is to catch the exception in the process and start a new process for the administrator to handle the exception (i.e. a failing webservice call to send data to a remote system). But catching the exception makes the failing activity to complete. I've tried to hibernate it with an extra event action but than I cannot reactivate it. Do you have a suggestion on how to handle this.
Previous Topic:Stardust and Subversion
Next Topic:Using custom skin for login screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:28:33 GMT 2024